Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i buy iPhone 3GS without AT&T contract

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Thats not a method.

You can buy the 3GS "unsubsidized" or at full price from ATT or Apple anytime you want, anyone.
    How? I tried buying one from the AT&T store, and I was told the only way I was walking out with one, was if i already had an active AT&T account. This was a couple of days ago.

Apple told me they'd have to activate it too, or I could go to AT&T and they "might" sell me one at full retail, but it was no guarantee.
    Last edited by fbords; 2009-11-04 at 08:43 PM. Reason: typo

If you already have a contract with at&t as long as its not prepaid you can waltz into apple store and just tell them you already have a contract with at&t and they will sell you the iphone at the advertised price (3G=$99 and 3GS=$199).

On top of that:

Print a copy of apple's website fine print located in the bottom of the iPhone page. It states you can purchase the iPhone 3g/3gs at the full retail price as a gift w/o contract. But you must provide them a print out of the fine print.

ya, I'm not an att customer and never plan to be. I guess I'll stick to ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by fbords View Post
    ya, I'm not an att customer and never plan to be. I guess I'll stick to ebay.
    Beware of ebay they have a new resolution policy and paypal cannot help you at all anymore.
    I was recently in a dispute with some ebay seller and nobody on ebay was able to help me. They had absolutely no clue about ebay's new resolution policies. All they kept doing was transferring my phone call to different agents and not one understood my issue.

If you do consider ebay pay with credit card at least that way you can dispute the charge in a faster manner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12