Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs worth it if i already own a 3g?

Question 3gs worth it if i already own a 3g?
    Thoughts,was thinking of picking one up,using on tmobile tho

what do you think

Thanks

No
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Right now untill the dev-team releases jailbreak for 3GS, tmobile will not work (but ultasnow is reported to be able to unlock). The main advantages of the 3GS are more proc speed (600mhz),more ram (256MB),better camera with video (3.0 magapixels) and better 3G later (7.2mbps on AT&T). There are more small advantages but the 3GS runs a lot faster than the 3G. It is all a matter of personal preference. IMO i like the more speed and ram for an overall better experience with the iphone. Games run better on 3GS than 3G. But it is money vs technology.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2009-06-28 at 03:04 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

The 3GS is a fill in for next year. The leaked shots we got of the higher speaker and black bezel are for next years release i think.

But if you have the spare cash to go and buy a 3GS on pay as you go then do it, much better performance than the 3G

And the jailbreak will be out as soon as apple rollout 3.0.1, which will be very shortly seeing as ultrasn0w is out, apple have to block it to satisy the carriers.

Just be aware that TMO in the USA cannot take advantage of the iPhones 3G network, so the beefed up 7.2 mbps feature on the 3GS over the 3G means nothing really to you (but im sure you already know this)
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

let me try and help you. I have both the iphone 3g and 3gs sitting right in front of me. At first i was thinking do i really want to spend 500 bucks for a stupid phone? well i took the shot in the dark and did it because im a kid and well its my job to spend money carelessly lol. But the 3gs is a HELL of alot faster like its the speed the iphone should have been from the start. On my 3g i didnt ever want to turn it off cause it took for ever to turn off. Now the 3gs turns on in about 20 seconds its GREAT! Also games run alot smoother i cant put this new phone down just because of the games. Oh and the camera is a big plus! the Video is great also now i make stupid little home videos ha.Hmmm what else can i say to help you. Oh the compass! it sounds stupid but have you ever used the map for directions and you look at it and it like shows u going left on the screen when ur going straight? Well with the compass the map follows your direction and turns when you turn. If you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask.