Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Help - Cannot transfer songs

Default iPhone Help - Cannot transfer songs
    Hi All,

I have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 2G. I have not upgraded to 3.0 (currently running 2.2.1).

I had 1000 or so songs that I had transferred (manually using itunes) to my iphone a few weeks ago, but in recent weeks when ive tried transferring new music that I downloaded I kept getting an error message saying "some items were not copied to the iphone because they cannot be played on this iphone". These were standard mp3 or m4a music files.

So I copied all of my music files from my iphone to my hard drive (using sharepod – i did not originally have these files saved on my hardrive), and then erased all of the songs on my iphone and tried automatic syncing all of my songs in itunes back to my iphone. Now NONE of the files will copy from itunes to my iphone and i get the "some items were not copied to the iphone because they cannot be played on this iphone" error everytime.

So now I have no music on my iphone and I can't seem to get any of my music files back on there, either by manually managing music or syncing with my itunes library.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Were they converted from protected files? Getting the message, "Some items were not copied to the iphone because they cannot be played on this iPhone," is a DRM issue. I had issues with that before.

Have you updated to iTunes 8.2? It could be due to that. Try converting one for the songs to your choice of format, and see if it will copy to the iPhone then. Try authorizing/deauthorizing your computer (if you've bought songs from the iTunes Music Store.)
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops98 View Post
    Were they converted from protected files? Getting the message, "Some items were not copied to the iphone because they cannot be played on this iPhone," is a DRM issue. I had issues with that before.

Have you updated to iTunes 8.2? It could be due to that. Try converting one for the songs to your choice of format, and see if it will copy to the iPhone then. Try authorizing/deauthorizing your computer (if you've bought songs from the iTunes Music Store.)
    Hi thanks for your reply.

Yes do believe the problem started when I updated to 8.2. Is there any way to "downgrade"? I have tried the authorize/deauthorize with no luck.

I will try converting one song to a different format and seeing if it transfers then. The thing is all the files are in mixed formats already (mp3, m4a etc.) so i'm not sure if this will work. I will let you know.

Thanks.

Thanks

No luck, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops98 View Post
    No luck, eh?

Unfortunately not. I tired converting some of the files to a different format. No Luck.

I also "downgraded" to iTunes 7.0 and also 8.0, both of which don't recognise my iphone at all.

Thanks

Dang. Only other thing I could suggest is to restore your iPhone. Maybe also try get hold of Apple support.