Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why can't iPhones take pictures bigger than 800/600?

Default Why can't iPhones take pictures bigger than 800/600?
    I don't understand.

Because thats all the hardware/software support.

I would just think with 3MP's now we'd be able to take bigger pictures.

I think it has alot to do with file size also. Remember unfortunately the camera isnt a cell phone's primary use and therefore is usually left lacking.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3G takes pictures at 1600x1200. I think they are resized during the sync.

Take a photo. Open My Computer and browse your phone listed there. Inside of DCIM--->100Apple are your pictures. Drag it to your desktop and then open it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    My 3G takes pictures at 1600x1200. I think they are resized during the sync.

Take a photo. Open My Computer and browse your phone listed there. Inside of DCIM--->100Apple are your pictures. Drag it to your desktop and then open it up.
    Whoa, you're right - I just pulled up some pictures I took with the 3GS and they're 1536 x 2048. Same pictures I sent to my email while I was out so I can save them onto my computer later on in the day and they were 600 x 800. There should be an option to resize or keep original size when emailing pictures, same with MMS whenever it comes. I'm hoping through MMS received pictures aren't received resized.

Alright so I just discovered something else, if you 'copy' a picture or multiple pictures and place them in an email they will send in full size. But if you 'email photo' or 'share' they'll be resized.
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 2009-06-28 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

MMS has always and will always resize your pictures.

That is why we never needed MMS in the first place. E-Mail is much more efficient and free!

Thanks for the heads up with that bug
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    because thats all the hardware/software support.
    lol
    To live, you have to lie

^Is it funny. The software resizes the pics, therefore thats what the software supports. Unless you wanna SSH your photos everytime which I honestly have never done cause I dont use my iphone to take pics that are that important.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Is it funny. The software resizes the pics, therefore thats what the software supports. Unless you wanna SSH your photos everytime which I honestly have never done cause I dont use my iphone to take pics that are that important.
    If you copy the pictures and email them they come out full size man. Lil bit quicker than SSH I guess.

^Yeah that is pretty cool, didnt know that.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't have to SSH anything. Unless I am missing something. Drag and drop them from your device listings on your computer.

I don't use my camera hardly ever though. The quality is horrible.