Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I view long text messages

Default How do I view long text messages
    When someone sends me a longer text message, it just cuts off midway. is there any way to view the whole message?

um just press view message?
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Yes, I view message, Text messages shorter in length, like 30 words shows fine, but longer text messages put ..... at the end. example- "hey alectra82, you are such a stud, I cant wait to see you again, it has become difficult to walk since our last encounter, next time we meet I am going to get...." Where did the rest of the message go? There is supposed to be more, but like I said, I get the "....." at the end

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alectra82 For This Useful Post:

brokentwice (2008-03-13)

well.. i'm used to get BIG sms.. frequently and never seen such thing.. my only thought is that the person sent this sms did not have enough credit to send the rest of the message or something like that.. but honestly this is a first.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2008-03-13), brokentwice (2008-03-13)

sometimes it cuts off for me too.

Most carriers have a limit of what can be sent, like say, 125 Characters. And most of them will send it in 125 character increments, so you get the full message in different bubbles...

Maybe the ones you are interacting with dont automatically send the rest of the message and charge for more then one SMS?
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2008-03-14)

almost everyone in my family has an iPhone. When I receive text messages from them, the text is split up into 2 or more parts.

Instead of receiving one text message that says "hey go to the store and buy some milk" I will instead get one text saying "hey go to the" a second text saying "store and get some" and a third saying "milk".

And this is with everyone that has an iPhone. My girlfriend has a nokia and she can write long texts without them being split and yet even the most simplest of texts will become 2 or 3 from an iphone.

Does anyone else have this problem?

how do you resolve it?
    Digg

not here.. (o2-UK, T-Mobile-UK, Vodafone-UK, Orange-UK, CytaMobile-Cy)

i got 9 sms embed in a single one last night.. (yeah girl trouble lol)