Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plugged in iphone refuses to charge!

Default Plugged in iphone refuses to charge!
    Okay guys, i usually never post to ask these kinds of questions, but this time i'm completely stumped. My iphone wont charge! every time i plug it in the battery shows the "plug" icon which means it should be at full charge and just using the outlet power, but thats not the case, the phone is at 20% battery. It wont charge and the power keeps going down until the phone dies, at which point it realizes its plugged in and then starts up again, and the whole process repeats. I've 3 different iphone cables and tried both outlet and usb charge to no avail.

I've restored and jailbroken about 5 times now but this keeps happening, this time ALL i have is cydia and ultrasn0w installed. THATS IT! and it still has this problem. The phone is fine prejailbreak. And all ive synced is contacts. it doesnt seem like anyone else has my problem, ive searched this forum and google =\
    PLEASE ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Ditto here; exact same issue. Upgraded 3G phone to 3.0, jailbroken, unlocked using Dev-Team methods and instructions.

Worked flawless for 3 days.

This morning, dead as a doornail. Tried hard reset/power off and on but all I get is the battery indicator with a sliver of red charge and the little lightning bolt below it. Tried pulling the sim and doing all reset steps to no avail. Tried rebooting PC while phone plugged in to no avail.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having that same problem and I spoke with one1 and he pointed me to the DIY flex cable to repair. So I'm shipping the very kind man my phone so he can look at it. Leave him a message in his thread "will do moose stuff"

Confused. Can I go out and get the DIY flex cable and do it myself today, or do I have to mail my phone to someone else?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Some of you are having software related issues rather than hardware

Update: Left my phone plugged into USB on my PC last night, had half a charge. Got it this morning, was just a sliver of red and phone would not turn on. Rebooted phone and PC several times and nothing.

Pulled SIM and placed in backup phone.

Iphone remained plugged into USB...

Went out for a few hours, just came home to check this thread; on the phone was on, fully charged.

What gives?