Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge Setup Help Needed Moderators/Anyone

Default Edge Setup Help Needed Moderators/Anyone
    I would greatly appreciate any help in finding the location of putting the settings highlited in red. My edge just does not work. I have screenshots of my phone where in the edge setup this is all i see. Now the mmi carrier apn settings give extra information (in red) such as port, gateway etc. where would i put that into the iphone. There are no such options that i can see available on my phone. I have original cingular account now called new at&t with unlimited medianet package added. Also i dont have any Edge "E" logo on the phone. I have updated the APN, Username, and Password as per the apn settings listed here but where do i put rest of the information.

By the way I am using a 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbroken 8 gb iPhone which came as 1.1.1 OTB

Cingular
    APN: wap.cingular (lower case)
    PDP_Type: IP
    Gateway IP Address: 66.209.11.61
    Port: 9201
    Home Page: http://device:home or http://device.home
    Session Mode: Permanent
    Connection Security: On
    Authentication Type: Secure
    Login Type: Automatic

User Name: [email protected] (All upper case)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (All upper case)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -edge-1.png   -edge-2.png  
    Last edited by iceman_007; 2008-03-13 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added something

i've heard that att is forcing old medianet customers into a new plan. They simply shut off your edge access and you call them, so they can let you know that you're plan is old and costs them too much money...did the edge just stop working one day?

pry

Actually I just got it fixed. I had to change the sim card to a new at&t card. I got my service transferred to the new card. It was free of charge to do that. Then I pop my sim into the iPhone and voilą I have edge working.

Thanks for the reply though.