Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just compared 3G & 3GS first hand.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Just compared 3G & 3GS first hand.
    Must say I'm not really impressed. I own a 3G. The only noticible difference is the turning on and off. 3GS smokes the 3G. The other thing I noticed is there's no finger prints on theirs! They are all over mine. They didn't have a lot of apps, but I'm sure they load up fast too. Instead of upgrading to a new phone I think I will just wait until September and wait for the new iPod Touch.
    Last edited by Ozzyman500; 2009-06-26 at 07:40 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can really see alot of the new speed upgrades when playing games. The time taken to load on a 3g is alot longer compared to the 3gs. One of the reasons i'm really excited to get the 3gs is the video feature. I had the jail broken video recorder but it just didnt make the cut. I wasnt able to upload any of my videos! Not only those reasons but 32gb, thats a huge improvement and allows me to keep alot more music with me.

3g service is still the same, no matter which phone you have. I only see a very little difference in speeds when on 3g service. Apps will load faster on the 3gs, but if you want to see the real difference, go ahead and get on a wifi with the 3g and the 3gs. Open the same page, the speed really shows. Its almost like going from edge to 3g. my.02

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

3GS opens apps like SMS, phone, email.. etc without ANY lag at all even after using the phone for days. The 3G is a POS hands down. The chip sets sucks so bad it's insane. With 50% more processor speed and double the RAM the 3GS is just smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by ephone View Post
    3g service is still the same, no matter which phone you have. I only see a very little difference in speeds when on 3g service. Apps will load faster on the 3gs, but if you want to see the real difference, go ahead and get on a wifi with the 3g and the 3gs. Open the same page, the speed really shows. Its almost like going from edge to 3g. my.02
    That's because you are on O2 - their 3G service is appalling! If you were on T-Mobile who do have a 7.2Mb service then you probably would notice a difference.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I must say comparing my 3GS to my 3G.....very nice difference.

The phone is finally becoming the phone it should be

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I must say comparing my 3GS to my 3G.....very nice difference.

The phone is finally becoming the phone it should be
    Is it red yet?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

So I'm on a 2G going to 3G(S) should be some nice results eh?

2G->3GS should be a vast improvement!