Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone tethering to xbox360

Default iphone tethering to xbox360
    i'm just wondering, since the iphone can do tethering by usb and bluetooth, is there a way i could make my iphone give an internet connection to an xbox360?

Thanks

I don't think thAt would be a great idea, now I think as a USB , the 360 won't recognize it as a network adapter...

Thanks

Yes, there is. I used to do it to play XBox live using PDANet.

I use a mac, and to do it simply share your active tethering connection to your ethernet in system preferences.

Then you have to find the correct settings to put into your xbox 360 from terminal, i posted about it ages ago so if you scroll through all my posts it will be there somewhere. if i find it ill put it up here.

if your on windows, you will have to find your own way of doing it. The only problem i had was that via 3G broadband be it a dongle/a mobile phone the only connection you get is STRICT NAT. this means you cant connect to some people.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

its worth a try. plug it in.. go to ur xbox settings and search for a connection, see if it pops up

Thanks

here we go, but just tether over bluetooth/usb and then share that active connection to your wifi/ethernet (however you want to connect your 360)

Please post back results.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...onnection.html

Suck it up, Sucker

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

zerobrand (2009-06-25)

Thanks

That's what i was thinking about now, but i though. He meant using it directly USB to the 360....atleast that's what he asked lol

yeah I see there's a guide on how to do tethering using a macbook (or another laptop), but there's no other without that I think

Thanks

Microsoft would have to build support to tether an Apple iPhone directly to a Microsoft XBox 360?

We can dream right?

Suck it up, Sucker

Default Xbox 360 live via PDANET or MiWi from Iphone
    I have successfully configured iphone 3gs and iphone 4 to broadcast wireless signal to xbox 360 wireless adapter to play xbox live -- without a "strict NAT" type:

I'm on Fido. My Iphones, 3gs and iphone 4, both JB, are by default, placed behind fido's firewall/proxy. As such, any wireless transmission to xbox 360 via PDANET or MyWi will result in stick NAT type - hampering game play.

I had to do 2 essential things in order to have it work:

1) call Fido and request a public ip ($5), some people call it a "VPN package, or something to that effect.

2) I then had to configure Iphone's APN
    2a) Iphone 3GS configuration:
    APN: internet.fido.ca
    Username: fido
    Password: fido

2b) Iphone 4
    APN: VPN.com - or - publicip.vpn

In order to change iphone APN, you can google, or try these
    1) Iphone configuration utility:
    For mac:
    iPhone Configuration Utility 3.2 for Mac OS X, or
    For Windows:
    iPhone Configuration Utility 3.2 for Windows
    2) Directly from your iphone:
    Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone
    or
    help.benm.at/

NOTE: this forum has a list of other carriers APN info:
    Carrier APN Settings - ModMyi - Wiki

good luck, took me a solid month of research to figure this **** out, but persistence prevailed...now to work on my COD skills

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thomassays For This Useful Post:

Element18592 (2011-02-06)

I've been trying to get my pdanet full version (usb connect to my dell windows xp desktop)to connect to xbox live on my 360!! I don't have another Internet option at this time. Ive read tons of blogs on it but seems it's all for settings on Macs not windows.. I successfully have connected it during xbox live test under network. It passes the network then internet steps ( the 1st two steps) but the bar stops midway through the final internet test then a pop up says an update is required on xbox live. So I click ok, Then the bar never moves for the update????ive been pulling my hair out for a week on this ...please help .............please help.........

S3an,
    I had a similar problem with my 360 over my iPhone 4G wireless connection. I actually had to take my xbox to a friends house and update over wired Ethernet connection. All updates since have worked via iPhone 4 wireless connection. The update was the installation of the Kinect Dashboard. Give that a try, if possible, then we move on to next trouble shooting step for the next problem lurking around the corner, there is always another. Good luck.

With MyWi you can tether to xbox, i do it

Thx Tom! It worked!! I was so relieved when it finally worked. I took my xbox to my friends to use his Internet to do the xbox live update(kinect addition) and then I took it back my house and hooked it up bk up to my phone and it connected immediately! Xbox live off my iPhone 4 tethered via pdanet works great ! Thx for
    The help!

You bet! Good job.