Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: did anyone here got their iphone for free?

Default did anyone here got their iphone for free?
    SORRY IF THIS CONSIDERED SPAM OR ITS IN THE WRONG PLACE, DELETE IT OR CLOSE IT.

I am just wondering if anyone here have gotten their iphones for free from those websites that just required referals and such and what their experiences been like? I just been curious lately since a lot of people told me its true and nothing to worry about. This is the only community I trust for iphone questions but I don't want to sound like I am a cheap person (although I am probably sounding like one right now, lol). I wanted to know about this before I sell my ipod touch and motorola v8 to try and afford the iphone.

again sorry if this is an inconvinience for everyone, you can just delete it or close it

Thanks

I'd be very careful when dealing with those sites. Generally its not as straight forward as it seems and most of them are pyramid schemes. In fact, I remember seeing these kind of sites just after Apple announced the iPhone but before the iPhone had been released.

Do some research by Googling "Free Iphone Scams" and see what you get. To start you off, here's an article written about it albeit a little dated.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-You-Sh...hone&id=436634

Ultimately nothing is really for free, especially an iPhone. You will be paying for it in some fashion or other. BTW, did these people that tell you it was true all get free iPhones themselves? That would be a good gauge of the validity of their statements.
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-13 at 07:03 AM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

mariotheotaku (2008-03-13)

thanks for the reply and you may be right some things do sound too good to be true, I just wanted to know if that was the case so I could give the phone and ipod to my lil sis. but I guess they may got to ebay or for trades

Thanks

My pleasure. Sell/trade your iTouch and Motorola and then maybe get your lil sis a nano at a later date.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

yeah those things are scams.

if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

i know of a couple that are not scams. It was a survey site though and you just filled out a bunch. You earned points for each survey and you could buy things with the points

Thanks

Nothing is free.

Nope, Im paying $400 for the 8GB and $30 a month just for the data plan...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I got my phone for free, but not through one of those sites.

My boss got it for me for all the help I give him with PC stuff.

i gt mine for free off a referal site also gt 2 ipod nano's off a referal site they do wrk if u do them properly

I've looked into them and most you end up having to fullfill requirements, subscriptions/purchases that exceed cost of just buying an iphone.

i didnt no where near spend as much as the iphone is worth, i didnt spend more than 5.

got my refurb for 250 from AT&T

I am just going to close this due to people who might be scammers posting in here and advertising their sites.
    I see one saying he got it from one of those sites, which I highly doubt. Then you wil go and ask him which site.. then he will link you to his own site.. and you will end up dead or something.. and it will be cause this thread.

sorry.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.