Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repair?

Default Repair?
    Hey,
    I'm new to the modmyi.community, but not new to the forums scene.

Well, to make the long story short I was trying to take out my sim card when I believe a part of my paper clip broke inside the phone.

Does anyone in here have any solutions or offers any repair service???

Thanks in advance!

Wow, you broke the paperclip....simma down superman

Seriously, did you get the simcard out? Can you? Is the phone still working properly?

I would try to get the card out....then see if you can shake the piece out. Otherwise, leave it if the phone works.....or you might have to take it to Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Wow, you broke the paperclip....simma down superman

Seriously, did you get the simcard out? Can you? Is the phone still working properly?

I would try to get the card out....then see if you can shake the piece out. Otherwise, leave it if the phone works.....or you might have to take it to Apple.
    The phone is working with no problems what so ever! But the problem is that right now I can't get the sim card out !!

Sucks.

Well, I actually had a friend do the same thing. This is how I fixed his.

I was able to get the end of another paperclip just BARELY into the hole...............sooooooo, I dabbed just a little bit of super-glue (yes, I said super glue) on the end of the paperclip, stuck it in the hole as far as I could get it (which was basically right on top) and let it dry (actually had him hold it for a few).......then carefully pulled out the little simtray.

After that I grabbed the tray with my hand and carefully pulled the paperclip back out breaking the glue bond.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

tester300 (2008-03-13)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Sucks.

Well, I actually had a friend do the same thing. This is how I fixed his.

I was able to get the end of another paperclip just BARELY into the hole...............sooooooo, I dabbed just a little bit of super-glue (yes, I said super glue) on the end of the paperclip, stuck it in the hole as far as I could get it (which was basically right on top) and let it dry (actually had him hold it for a few).......then carefully pulled out the little simtray.

After that I grabbed the tray with my hand and carefully pulled the paperclip back out breaking the glue bond.
    Great! Will try that tomorrow!
    Thanks!

Sim card still doesnt come out !
    Last edited by tester300; 2008-03-13 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost