Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is there a working edition of VOIPOVER3G?q

Default is there a working edition of VOIPOVER3G?q
    For 3.0? if Yes, when i install it from cydia, does an app icon appear anywhere or does it just trick the apps themselves? I ask because I'm looking to use truephone but I can't get my iphone to recognize my houses wifi, so I need to try it this way.

If there isn't one, does anyone know of another way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

VoIPOver3G doesn't install an icon. You can enable/disable it thorugh SBSettings > More > Mobile Substrate Addons. The default VoIPOver3G.plist doesn't have an entry for Truphone. The .plist file is located in: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/VoIPover3G.plist. Add another string "com.truphone.truphone" (without the qutations. You can also edit it in a text editer by pasting in this text: Filter = {Bundles = ("com.Fringland.Fring", "com.apple.AppStore", "com.audiofile.Interstate", "com.apple.MobileStore", "com.skype.skype", "com.truphone.truphone");};. Save it to your iPhone, and reboot. Good to go!

Btw, why can't you get your iPhone on your home wifi network? Have you tried reseting your router, updating it's firmware, changing the encryption settings (WEP > WPA Personal), changing your password/passphrase for the wireless, checking that MAC address flittering isn't on? Are you getting an IP address on your iPhone, or is it failing to connect?
    Last edited by Scoops98; 2009-06-25 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im not sure why it wasnt working, but I saw something about doing the reset deal and I did it last night.. after four months of no wifi i am finally connected. Truphone actually works pretty well. Does anyone else use it?

Thanks

Glad the wifi is working. I've never used Truphone, but I think I'll give it a try!

There is another VoIP services which i have tested few days back with the name of "Vopium" it works pretty well on my 3G..