Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An iPhone First: CBS4 Shoots Story with the 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up An iPhone First: CBS4 Shoots Story with the 3GS
    I found this from a local television station. I thought it was pretty badass and figured I'd share....

Full article: New iPhone Good Enough For The Evening News - cbs4.com

DORAL (CBS4) ―
    How good is the iPhone's new video camera? Good enough to make the evening news, literally.

My assignment began as a personal mission to get an iPhone 3G S. I woke up especially early Friday, (4:50 a.m.) and rushed over to the Apple store in The Falls Shopping Center, in Miami-Dade County. I figured there'd be less of a line there not quite. By 5:30 a.m., the line was packed. It would be a long morning.

Somewhere between 6 and 7 a.m., I started snapping photos for CBS4.com and, once I got my iPhone 3G S, planned on shooting some video and short interviews with some of the folks standing in line.

WFOR's fearless news director, Adrienne Roark, had a more innovative idea: shoot an entire story with the new iPhone, about the lines for the new iPhone. Little did we know that later that day, we'd be making television history.

Once I got my iPhone, I immediately started shooting easy. The phone has a "touch focus" feature that lets you focus any part of the video just by hitting it with your finger. I used this feature often when shooting close-up interviews with some of the customers standing in line. Oddly enough, not one of these Apple fans found it strange that a television station was shooting its video with an iPhone!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Very cool! Yea I have recorded several videos with it and the picture quality is actually pretty good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Very cool! Yea I have recorded several videos with it and the picture quality is actually pretty good.
    It's surprisingly good, the same with the audio.

I know someone that filmed his nephew stealing home at a baseball game and uploaded it right there to YouTube and everything came out great. This will be awesome for the concerts that don't allow cameras and confiscate if you sneak them in.

Agreed it works well.

videos look as good as my nice Sony camcorder

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude that's crazy. I also didn't know about the touch focus, that's pretty wild.