Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is there a way to restore and unlock again without losing anything?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default is there a way to restore and unlock again without losing anything?
    is there a way to restore and unlock the iphone 3.0 and jailbreak again without losing all the downloaded stuff? sorry for the noob question, but I dont see the Cellular data network in my phone and I was told to restore and I donno how to do that.

can anyone help?

Do a backup on itunes first before restoring. This will save all of your settings and downloads from itunes, along with messages, emails, etc.. If you have any cracked or jailbroken apps however you will lose those during the restore. Then after the restore iTunes will ask you if you want to set up as a new phone or set up from a backup. select the backup in the drop down menu and you are all set.
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-06-24 at 08:55 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

xgus69 (2009-06-24)

Thanks

can i do all that with a tmobile sim card in it? or do i need the att sim card that the phone was originally bought with to jail break it? because if i do im in trouble.. i lost it.

Don't restore dude, just go here on your phone help.BenM.at - Mobileconfigs für dein iPhone | BenM.at and it should be able to install the cellular data file by carrier. If that doesn't work you may need to update your ipcc file depending on carrier. Neither of those require a restore.

Are you on 2G or 3G?
    Last edited by tombombman; 2009-06-24 at 10:11 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tombombman For This Useful Post:

xgus69 (2009-06-24)

Thanks

im on 3g. i went there and installed the APN and I still dont see the Camera in the SMS client

and also still no Data Cellular Network...

whats the ipcc file and how do i update it?

ps edge works now... but i still cant put in the mms proxies because i dont have "Cellular Data Network"

so i googled what ipcc is and i read how to update it and all that shmo... I updated and i figured it out.. and now Cellular Data Network is there...
    thank you very much for ur help guys. ill make a thread explaining step by step how to do this for others that are having this problem
    Last edited by xgus69; 2009-06-24 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost