Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: google vs mobile me

iPhone? More like MyPhone DSG04lightning's Avatar
    Thanks

Default google vs mobile me
    which one seems to work better, i know they both have great features. i use google now and wanted to know what other benfits mobile me has other than the findmyi and alerts if you cant find your phone? is it worth the $99/yr?

it's just neat, if you have the money, go and spend it!

Other features is had i virtual harddrive (can be accessed on iphone thru quickoffice)

Website hosting (only through iweb)

special ichat/AIM

Special email that some envy (the @me.com)

photo/video album hosting

but the truth is you can get most features for free from separate programs. (finmyi.org, adrive, picassa, gmail)

from what ive heard/know mobile me is cleaner, alos gmail is prone to tons of spam!!

actually, you can use the webspace with any app you want... just build your webpage and export to a folder then upload...

the other big draw for MobileMe is that is has push email... which can save battery life on your phone cause you don't have to set it to check at intervals.

You also get email aliases. Different names that all go to the same box.

There's also push contacts and calendar... which will sync automatically with your Mac (if you have one) and i wanna think they can sync with windows stuff too... this can also be accessed online.

If you have any specific questions, I've been a MobileMe/.Mac user for a few years now... I host my website(s) on it and I love it, feel free to msg me. :-)