Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G S Internet Tethering over Bluetooth (WinVista)

Exclamation iPhone 3G S Internet Tethering over Bluetooth (WinVista)
    I found a solution for those who are having issues tethering their internet connection over bluetooth with the 3G S. Apparently, it is located on Apple's own Support website in a seemingly well hidden knowledge base thread (well, maybe not so hidden lol). I have successfully gotten internet tethering to work on Windows Vista through my phone's bluetooth connection!!! YAY! ^^

Here is the link to help anyone out that needs it:
    iPhone: Troubleshooting Internet tethering

I hope this helps. It had me stumped since I was able to tether with USB only but never with bluetooth because a device driver needed to be installed. It looks like that driver does not need to be installed after all. There is just an extra step that is needed to get the connection up and running. I think Apple allows this to be posted because other territories aside from the USA are allowing internet tethering ahead of the USA. So,happy tehtering guys.
    Big kid playing with iPhone! Learning as I go...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kiddoko For This Useful Post:

Beastlee (2009-06-30), bossgto65 (2009-06-29), CaptainChaos (2009-06-28), chrisrotolo (2009-06-28)

Thank you soooo much for putting this post up!!!
    It totally worked!!!
    One thing I want to add is that you have to put in a passkey and then Iphone finds your PC.Then type in the passkey to your IPhone.

Thanks for spotting that. Was just looking for tethering info and this hits the spot.