Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS GPS seems defective

Default 3GS GPS seems defective
    Hey everyone. My 32gb 3gs seems to have a defective GPS.

I know you arent supposed to get a signal indoors, but my mom's 16gb 3gs picks up a signal fine indoors with motion x gps lite and shows a gps signal in maps with an accurate location. On my phone I get no gps signal at all in motion x and a huge circle about a half mile off in maps.

When I take it outside I get a signal but its not nearly as accurate as my moms phone. Should I take it in and get it replaced or is this normal?

PS...could restoring the phone possibly fix this? I'm also having the duplicate icon issue.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3g will still detect me indoors within 20-30 feet. It may have an issue, have you tried using it while you drive down the road? Sometimes when you move it can pinpoint you a little closer.

The first 2 days I had it, it seemed to work fine. I just don't understand when I'm comparing it with another 3gs in the exact same location and mine is definitely not as good.

MY 3G sometimes do that just turn off and then on and youll see the pinpoint accuracy of the gps.
    But because this is new and should be faster and with more ram phone ill probably take it back and take a new one.
    if some genius in appstore explain why this happen and how to solved pls let me know because turning off and on every time you want to use gps is annoying .

jose