Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone keeps having problems after 3.0 update!!!

Default Phone keeps having problems after 3.0 update!!!
    Hey Guys,
    I have a real irritating problem and I cannot find a solution to save my life. I've searched google, here, everywhere I could and found nothing. Anyway here is my issue. My iPhone 3g will hang up on people i'm speaking with and when I hit the home button to slide to unlock it will shut off a couple of times, after I finally open the phone from the slide to unlock, the slide to power off comes on. I have restored the phone like 8 times already and it does not seem to do anything to fix it. Another issue I get is the volume will lower by itself and when I try to raise it it will lower itself again, I have no clue whats going on or what I can do fix this. These issues happen at random in particular order and I don't if anyone else has had this issue...
    Thanks in advance to anyone that might help shed some light on this

Try going into settings and "reset all settings" then restore again after redownloading the firmware (you could have a bad download)

If it still persists you could very well have a hardware issue.

Thanks I will try that to see if it'll work.

also try setting up the phone as "new" in itunes, if you havent been doing that already

If I reset as a new will I lose all my phone numbers and contact info? Sorry for being such a newb on this...
    Thanks a lot!