Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Statusbar disappearing after closing an app

Default Statusbar disappearing after closing an app
    How do I fix this problem? Whenever I go on an app then press home button to go back to home screen, the statusbar just disappears but to get it back I have to press the sleep button then slide to unlock again, it's pretty annoying...

O ya I'm on a 3G iPhone on 3.0 OS unlocked & jailbroken on Windows
    Last edited by S550Benz; 2009-06-23 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

O i have a same problem here!!anybody help please!!

that makes three of us here.........no idea

try hard reset
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

Thanks

Try changing your theme. I found that the themes that had a statusbar.png file in the root of the theme folder did this. I deleted that file and everything worked.

Some said that this didn't work for them, but it did for me.

Its because these strings in the info.plist file of the theme that you activated.

<key>StatusBarMode</key>
    <string>1</string>

<key>StatusBarContentsMode</key>
    <string>1</string>

If you like the theme and want to keep it, there are 2 options:

1) Delete the whole info.plist in that theme folder. But you will also loose setting for the calendar style.. if theres any.

2) Just open the info.plist file in that theme and delete the strings above. All will works fine after.

Good Luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to istorm For This Useful Post:

BIGDADE (2009-08-21)

^^ that did not seem to help at all.
    I still loose the status bar after closing every app.

I can't get this method to work for me either. I think it's because this solution is intended for a 3G phone, not the 3GS which is the device I'm having the issue with.

Anyone have a solution to the vanishing status bar on 3GS besides disabling 'solid status bar' in winterboard? I really like having the solid status bar, but the disappearing act is really getting on my nerves, lol.

Thanks

I have a 3Gs, it worked for me.

Hey Simtech still having trouble getting this to work. The file I'm modifying is Root\Library\Themes\Solid Status Bar.theme\info.plist Is this the right file? the contents of my info.plist doesn't seem to have a couple of those statements. Here's what my file looks like when I open it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>StatusBarMode</key>
    <string>0</string>

</dict></plist>

Any modification I've done has fixed the disappearing, but I also lose the solid bar effect, which I really like and would like to get stable on my device. Could you point me in the right direction (maybe I'm modding the wrong file), or perhaps post a copy of the info.plist you got to work on your 3GS for this theme?

Thanks

Sorry Bro, not sure how all that works, we need someone with more knowledge to answer that one.

Oh well. I guess I can live with the glitch for now. I wish I knew more about modding these files lol...

Thank you istorm that worked perfectly for me!

how do you individually delete the string without deleting the whole info.plst?

anyone?
    Last edited by hataproof818; 2009-12-14 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Replace Solid Status Bar with Solid Status Bar Fix (search Cydia for it). That takes care of the disappearing status bar when running the original solid status bar.
    . . . . . . Zeke

thaanks, but i really dont want the default status bar. does anyone know of a way to individually delete th string thats causin this. Im unable to figure out how to manipulate just a part of the code that is causing this glitch, without having to delete my whole info. plist file....is there some way to edit this code out of iphone browser?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Editing plists
    You can edit the file with a plist editor (there are many free ones). It is essentially just an XML file, but the plist editors keep the file structure in tact.

Anyway, this is definitely an issue for me, and I am not entirely sure what file to edit. I have tried editing a few, and removing the status bar and reference from the theme I made, but I still have the glitch.

Anyone know all references to the status bar, and their locations so I can drill this down?
    There are no open ports on my Zune...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't remember what it was that installed it, but there is some cydia app that installs a dialog in settings. It has 2 options: Override animation, and something else. Turning both off worked for me.

Perhaps someone can be more specific here, as my iPod is off to repair a power issue, so I cannot check...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    OK - I figured it out: It is LockInfo, and it is the "Display Controller". Turn off "Animations" and "Override Animations" does the trick for me at least...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to flash858 For This Useful Post:

Phoenixryzin (2010-08-07)

Hey man it worked, thanks that was drivin me mad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast