Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3.0 in india

Smile iphone 3.0 in india
    hello,

iam from the mmm family..I was interested in buying the iphone 3.0 ,but the price tag here is a shocking one, so i thought of goin in for a iphone from U.S with AT & T carrier at a price tag of 99$ frm a frnd,(am also not well aware of the plans they offer). So i was thinkin whether any1 could give me a detailed explanation of buyin an iphone frm U.S(at min price tag) nd UNLOCK it completely so that i can use it with any carrier here in India..pls elaborate it..

Thanks

you cannot unlock it completly!!!!!

You have to wait a while till the new on is jailbroken and then they fix ultra snow for it. There will probably be a update on the news page within days with an exact guide,

Remember that the unlock will be broken by any and every uodate and you will have to wait for it to be fixed

the ipgone 3gs is 199$ not 99$

only the iphone 3g is 99$ (this is the old one)

the plans are like normal minutes (i think 30$ a month is the cheapest) plus a mandatory iphone data at 30$ extra, it can be removed if your freind does not have an iphone.

yeah am intersted in only 3g not d 3gs..so am waitin for a guide to have it ..

If you are buying a IPhone 2G or 3G you can safely go ahead.

The guides are all over the net on how to unlock and jailbreak the phone. There are many mobile phone shops in India where the technicians will help you unlock it for a fee if you are not technically inclined.

The 3GS on the other hand you will have to wait till the Dev Team announces they have been able to unlock it.

All indications are that it will not be a very long wait.

/sanjay