Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to enable Japanese Emoji in iphone 3GS

Default How to enable Japanese Emoji in iphone 3GS
    well, I hope some find this useful. Anyway here I go.
    After getting my new iPhone 3GS, restored from back up, it was just as I restored my old 2G. Lost all my jailbroken apps...
    I didn't think much as I was turning my international keyboard on, and saw Japanese Emoji was enabled.....thinking Apple enabled this is OS 3.0.

From other forum, I visit, I found people were asking me how I got Emoji on 3GS after using Emoji....told them it was there alreay, but nobody had it! Not in U.S. at least.

So here I came to conclusion;
    when you restore your new iPhone 3GS from the your backup of previous OS2.2 or 2.2.1 with Emoji Enable hack, you get the Japanese Emoji enabled in your 3GS without jailbreaking.

Currently, I know there is no jailbreaking for 3GS, I figure this might help some.

Maybe I am not the first one to find this, but if I am, very glad to be the one.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -emoji.jpg  

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!

Yes, restoring from backup retains alot of jailbroken features that you wouldnt expect. Modded carrier logos, hidden apps stay hidden (which can suck cause you cant reveal them until you get poof back, same goes for categories).

Its a mystery to me why it happens like that. Ive asked but have not gotten an answer. I can sort of understand why the carrier logo might be maintained but not the rest,

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

another way to get emoji back is with an app from the the appstore called spell number its free an it takes about 5 seconds to get them
    open the app and enter 91929394.59
    then go to

settings>general>keyboard>japanese
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

a lot of jailbreak features are saved such as hidden apps, numeric battery, custom carrier, into a back up.

to get hidden apps back go into settings and into 'restricted' there go and block a an app then unblock it and all your hidden apps will come back!