Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange problem after downloading app on 3gs

Default Strange problem after downloading app on 3gs
    Hey everyone. I haven't been able to find any mention of this anywhere so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone knows what's going on.

Got the 32gb 3gs on Friday after upgrading from the 2g. I downloaded a few free apps I use the most (facebook, aim, sportacular, live poker by zynga). So yesterday I noticed that the live poker app's icon was the aim icon (so now I have 2 aim icons. 1 says aim and launches aim and the other says live poker and launches live poker). This also happened with sportacular which changed icons to one of a gps tracker I tried out. I thought this was strange and deleted the affected apps. But when I reinstall live poker, everytime the install completes, it switches the icon to the aim icon which is also not lit up by the way. Oh and I also reset the phone and the issue still happens. The only thing I think left to do is restore.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is my phone messed up?

Thanks for reading and hopefully shedding some light on the situation.

Wow. Now for the last hour I've noticed 3g slowing to a crawl. I opened up the speedtest app and am getting anywhere from 0-18 Kbps!!
    Is this normal with 3g? Like does it happen from time to time?

I think I better go to the apple store tommorrow.
    Last edited by guitarpik; 2009-06-23 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

A really annoying bug. You're gonna have to restore to fix it, or hope the next update will and come out soon.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

a lot of people have been complaining about this happening to their phones, could be a bug in 3.0?
    useful? hit the thanks button!