Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS screen not flush?

Default 3GS screen not flush?
    I have a question for yinz. My new 3GS screen is not flush. Is this normal and I've just been lucky with my 2 previous iPhones? It's fine the left half of screen, but on the right half it is not flat. When swiping from right to left it feels fine, but when swiping from left to right, it's like hitting a ridge. very noticeable. I don't see where it's causing a structural or sealing problem, but it's very bothersome. Would yinz take it back for a new one?

btw sorry if this post is in wrong forum.

Mines perfectly flush..

I guess as soon as AT&T gets around to charging my credit card, i'll take it in to apple store. I guess they put phones out like this in hopes nobody notices or cares. Having owned an iphone for 2 years, I noticed it with very first swipe.

They are built in China in mass production....they wont all be perfect, unfortunately.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just got my 3gs and i have the same ridge. we're just unlucky thats all.
    my 3g was perfectly put together.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

My first 3G was perfect...til it got dust under the screen. My 2nd 3G had a gap between the bezel and screen so light from inside the phone was coming through. VERY annoying. It also had 2 dead pixels, so I was able to swap it out for a brand new phone last Tuesday. My 3G S doesn't have any light coming through, but the right side (my right, not the iPhone's right ) is "in" the phone more than the left side. So the left side feels flat, but you can feel the edge on the right side.

But after having 2 bad iPhone 3Gs with dust, dead pixels, and a serious gap next to the screen, this doesn't bother me much. I'd love the perfect iPhone 3G S, but this is close enough. Plus, all the lady at the Genius Bar said they could do for a screen not flush is replace the screen and try to align it better. Not worth my time.

Sucks for me, though, because my current 3G is PERFECT, and yet, I'm about to sell it.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

They are willing to take the time to replace the screen, but not replace the phone for you? That is odd.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's not about what they want. It's about what they're supposed to do. I'm sure they'd rather just hand out iPhones to anyone that has a problem than to actually take the time to fix it, but I'm sure Apple wouldn't be too happy about their employees giving all their expensive iStuff away.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.