Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G Warranty

Default Iphone 3G Warranty
    Hello I have a 8gb unlocked 3G and this is what my warranty says:

Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on September 18, 2009.

My friend wants to give me her 16gb 3G because she said she doesnt need the extra storage and wants an unlock one. This is what her warranty says:

Our records indicate that your product is covered for service and telephone support under the AppleCare Protection Plan which is estimated to expire on December 30, 2010.

My question is that does hers mean I can get refurbished 3G till 2010 and my phone gets it till sept if anything goes wrong with it? Also does apple check if you are an ATT customer or do they just check the serial and swap you with a working phone. Thanks for all your help

Yes they check the serial and it means exactly what it says. You'd get it fixed or get a refurb, if the issue is covered.

So i am guessing she had to pay extra for the extended warranty? So I am safe with my phone till dec 2010 if anything goes wrong, thats cool . So they dont check if I am an ATT customer? Thats great!

They do check to see if your ATT, you need to be. And yeah the Applecare was extra.

Oh some are saying they dont even check. Can anyone confirm this?

How about if I just say I am using it as an Ipod Touch and its still under warranty?
    Last edited by arram; 2009-06-23 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

just go to an at&t store and purchase a sim card they shouldn't charge you more than $5-10 for it. If you ever need to take it in pop that sim in. If apple asks, tell them you use it as a prepaid.
    useful? hit the thanks button!

when my broke i took my att sim out and they didnt notice, so i do not think they do. They didnt ask for any details about me but they just scanned the phone a gave me a new one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

They don't check for a Wireless #, they just ask for a serial number. I work for iPhone tech support... only time we ever ask for a cell phone number is if you don't know your serial number (because sometimes your account is registered with that number, could be a home number too) or if we are transferring to AT&T. The 3GS phones now mostly aren't setup with the phone numbers yet, we can do it manually but it's not required. We service the phone not the service.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic