Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie Help..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Newbie Help..
    Hello everyone!! I stumbled upon this site and "WOW"!! Anyway I have a couple of questions that I hope can get answered? First can someone explain to me or link me to a post or sticky that fully explains exactly what "jailbreaking" is and what is the latest & greatest & safest way 2 do it? Now I understand that there will be maybe some issues that come along with jailbreaking an iPhone but I of course would like to have as little issues as possible. Second I want to start developing my own iPhone apps. I have several, what I think are a great app ideas that at this time there are none. I just started to research a little bit what is involved in creating iPhone apps. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction on what would be needed to start doing so. I know that I need to join the developers program offered by Apple. I know I need a certain type of computer, just am not really sure what type of computer exactly. I dont know anything about Mac computers. Correct me if I am wrong but all the software needed to create apps are included with the developer membership? No? What would be some good reading to get me started? Ect, ect... Thank you all for any & all help..

bump.....
    Last edited by Stangzilla; 2009-06-23 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

hi nd welcome to the forums

Jailbreaking: a software hack to allow you to download 3rd party apps(themes, folders, gps and alot of cool stuff that apple doesn't allow)

To jailbreak, first u need to know what firmware you have and then download the appropriate program to do it and u also need to download the firmware form the internet.

to find out ur firmware go to Settings>General>About>Version

And about making apps u have to have some knowledge with coding and yes joining the developer's program from Apple gives u the facilities needed to develop the program

As for jailbreaking plz tell me what firmware u have in order to give u links for firmware and program for jailbreaking. also u need to state wheather u have iPhone 2g or 3g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have firmware version 3.0 and its a 3G..

then look onto the main page, in the news section there are still guides to jailbreak on windows (what you probably have) or mac os.

Macs are a combination of software and hardware made exclusively by apple. Most programs form windows computers will NOT run on them or need to be in a special version. They are also a bit more expensive then pc's (computers running windows os)

windows guide: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...0-redsn0w.html

before you go and buy stuff i would suggest a book on c++ or applecode from amazon. I would also advise to start with the free program (also fro, apple) and only buy the full one if you know, for sure, this is something you can learn.