Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does 3.0 come with push email notification?

Default Does 3.0 come with push email notification?
    i upgraded recently to 3.0 but the emails are still only being checked every 15 minutes? I checked my settings and all set to push. Is there anything else i need to do?

The email server has to have "push" functionality or you wont be using Push.

The whole point of push is the server knows when you get an email and automatically sends it to you INSTEAD of your phone having to check every so often.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The push you're talking about has nothing to do with OS 3.0. Push notifications for apps is an API devs can use for their apps to send you notifications when the app gets new info even though the app isn't running.

Push email has been around since before 3.0. Yahoo has push email. MobileMe does. GMail doesn't. It has nothing to do with Apple or the iPhone, but rather the company or whatever your email is with.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Im using yahoo email accounts. I was hoping they were set up for the ability to push, but something just doesnt seem to jive. Maybe i should try it before the jailbreak? could that be hindering its ability? i might even try pushmod? not sure?? anyone using this app? if so how well does it work?

Dunno. I use MobileMe and still dont always get my emails "immediately" either.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not everything's perfect. You should normally get your emails on time, but you won't always get the immediately. Sometimes I get notified of a new email on my phone before I do on my computer, and sometimes I have to press refresh in the Mail app to get my emails to come through.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Try Everpush Push Service (| EVERPUSH |)
    Works fine...

I have a Yahoo! Plus account and push is working just fine on it. I get the emails faster then Outlook 2003 does.

Am I getting smart with you? How would you know?

os 3.0 has nothing to do with email push!! push has alwayds been around but only yahoo (yes even free!!!) and mobile me support it. (out of the major companies) If the push switch is on you will get emails within about 5 minutes after they are sent. The push only activates when you get an email!!

So, if push has nothing to do with the iphone but rather for the app developers to include in their services then how is it my blackberry gets my yahoo emails almost instantly and my iphone lags? Is there an application that will mimic blackerry's phone emails?

Are you sure that there isn't something new in the 3.0 os for this? Either that or they changed some defualt setings in it. Since upgrading, my AOL emails keep getting pushed to my phone (something that never used to happen on 2.2.1) and as a result, it's kicking the crap out of my battery and overheating the phone.

turned push off and went back to manually checking and everything is good as new again.