46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beejive

32 69.57%
  • IM+

10 21.74%
  • Both are the same

4 8.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beejive or IM+

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    buggy like not sending links for images and still crashing.
    works completely fine for me... i havent had a single problem on it, sends files that i send like a charm, i dont post links i send the direct file... so beejive definately a win!

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

I personally love Beejive! $10 bucks well spent. I have not experience any crashing problems some users are reporting....

i tihnk the crashes happen because there are so many things running in the background or memory... i mean i have about usually 40 - 45 mb free and its perfect... but even running with 25mb is still runs fine without no crashes!... im running on a 3G obviously with 3GS it'll run flawlessly!

Beejive is a good app. For me it is stable (hardly crashes, keeps you signed in) and gives smooth operation (orientation/ chat switching).

The latest update in Beejive fixed an error in the camera interface when attempting to take and send a picture; added some minor cosmetic addition in addition to push notifications.

IM+ IMO is a great alternative the GUI is clean, well laid out and has many of the advantages that Beejive has.

Some things which keep IM+ in a close 2nd place to Beejive are:

even though IM+ gives you the option to keep you signed on for 3 days (vs 1 day for Beejive) I always found myself disconnected from the server after 6-12hrs. IM+ does not alert you if disconnected, so there is no way to really know......as opposed to Beejive where you can toggle the app to notify you if disconnected.

edit: IM+ doesn't give you option to set individual status' for your various accounts you may be signed in to. You're either "online" or "away" collectively. Small deal, but annoying nonetheless.

Also another minor annoyance for me is that IM+ says that any media that you send through them will be stored on their servers for up to 30 days? I assume Beejive doesn't do that, because there was no disclaimer.

On a positve note though for you Twitter users, IM+ does allow you to add a twitter account which allows you to receive push notifications of new tweets and direct messages; a feature which Beejive is yet to implement.

Beejive: 7/10
    IM+: 6/10
    Last edited by BEEKS; 2009-07-13 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEKS View Post
    Beejive is a good app. For me it is stable (hardly crashes, keeps you signed in) and gives smooth operation (orientation/ chat switching).

The latest update in Beejive fixed an error in the camera interface when attempting to take and send a picture; added some minor cosmetic addition in addition to push notifications.

IM+ IMO is a great alternative the GUI is clean, well laid out and has many of the advantages that Beejive has.

Some things which keep IM+ in a close 2nd place to Beejive are:

even though IM+ gives you the option to keep you signed on for 3 days (vs 1 day for Beejive) I always found myself disconnected from the server after 6-12hrs. IM+ does not alert you if disconnected, so there is no way to really know......as opposed to Beejive where you can toggle the app to notify you if disconnected.

edit: IM+ doesn't give you option to set individual status' for your various accounts you may be signed in to. You're either "online" or "away" collectively. Small deal, but annoying nonetheless.

Also another minor annoyance for me is that IM+ says that any media that you send through them will be stored on their servers for up to 30 days? I assume Beejive doesn't do that, because there was no disclaimer.

On a positve note though for you Twitter users, IM+ does allow you to add a twitter account which allows you to receive push notifications of new tweets and direct messages; a feature which Beejive is yet to implement.

Beejive: 7/10
    IM+: 6/10
    perfectly said there!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Beejive is buggy as hell for me now. Sometimes it'll work great, and other times I can't stay logged in for more than 10 minutes at a time. If I get a notification of a new message while my phone is in landscape and I keep it in landscape while it loads, it never does and it just freezes. It also crashes when I try to reload it. I really wish they would release an update soon because even with all the bugs, it's better than any free IM app.

BTW I'm on a 3GS so RAM is not the issue.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I'm currently using IM+ and find it to be ok. Sometimes, when you start the up and have no internet connection, it will do some really weird stuff.

A question to all beejive users: as far as I read, beejive does not support actual push, but only sends you mail notifications for new messages and stuff. is that still true?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    I'm currently using IM+ and find it to be ok. Sometimes, when you start the up and have no internet connection, it will do some really weird stuff.

A question to all beejive users: as far as I read, beejive does not support actual push, but only sends you mail notifications for new messages and stuff. is that still true?
    No, it's not true. That's the way Beejive used to work before push was available with 3.0. However, you still have the option to do it that way. You can have messages pushed to your email address instead of sent to your phone as a notification. But I doubt anyone would want to do that any more.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Channan For This Useful Post:

BlackWolf (2009-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    No, it's not true. That's the way Beejive used to work before push was available with 3.0. However, you still have the option to do it that way. You can have messages pushed to your email address instead of sent to your phone as a notification. But I doubt anyone would want to do that any more.
    damn. I bought IM+ instead of beejive for just that reason. maybe I will invest in beejive when it's on sale or something. thanks for answering.

Beejive. IM+'s interface is butt ugly.

I used to use Im+, then i switched to beejive, lately tho ive just been using the regular yahoo messenger app.

Beejive is great!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

IM+ I use all the time now, I was using Beejive at first but lately its nothing but problems either missed im's or late im's. BeeJive sucks now on my iphone and IM+ works just perfectly no problems at all.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Which do you prefer? Please don't vote unless you have tried BOTH out. I want to get a fair comparison. I bought Beejive a while back and love it, but IM+ is only $6 right now so I wanted to give it a shot. But if Beejive is better, no need to waste my money.
    i have tried both and for me beejive its better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12