Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS - *VIBRATE* feature

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default SMS - *VIBRATE* feature
    I am the type that doesn't want to hear "boing" every ten seconds as people send me text, I just want a vibrate option upon receiving a text. Any one know of any solutions? Never looked into this before.

Thanks

you can either put the phone into vibrate using the switch on the left, or go into settings, sounds and set the text alert to silent (no vibrate just for texts available unless youre in silent mode)

Thanks

Yeah no good. All I want is to add SMS vibrate as an option (thanks though!)

I guess a workaround would be to create a "blank" or soundless .caf file and replace one of the sms tones with it. Choose it along with vibrate and poof.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

one1 (2009-06-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I created a blank sms sound for someone in a older thread.. let me go dig it up for you

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post4065661

the file is in that post - hope it helps, just set that as your SMS tone and make sure that 'vibrate' is on for SMS sounds.
    Last edited by IvanPK; 2009-06-24 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanPK For This Useful Post:

one1 (2009-06-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I guess a workaround would be to create a "blank" or soundless .caf file and replace one of the sms tones with it. Choose it along with vibrate and poof.
    I remember you telling me this but I couldnt wrap my head around it

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    Yeah, I created a blank sms sound for someone in a older thread.. let me go dig it up for you

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post4065661

the file is in that post - hope it helps, just set that as your SMS tone and make sure that 'vibrate' is on for SMS sounds.
    Vibrate on for SMS sounds? dunno what that means, but I simply set your file in after renaming it and it vibrates so no extra work was done

Thanks dudes
    Last edited by one1; 2009-06-24 at 06:39 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry I mean under "sounds" in settings make sure vibrate is on for the non silent mode.
    It will play the blank SMS tone I made and now vibrate. Normally it would play the tone and vibrate but bc I ave you the blank tone it will play a 'silent' sound and vibrate.

Simple: ssh sound I created as a SMS tone. Make sure vibrate is on under "sounds"

Edit: yah haha glad to hear it works that's what I was attempting to tell you to do :P
    Last edited by IvanPK; 2009-06-24 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanPK For This Useful Post:

one1 (2009-06-24)