Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 battery life went down?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 3.0 battery life went down?
    So after a few days now with 3.0... has anyone else noticed that a battery charge doesn't last as long as when we were on 2.2.1?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

First i have heard about it.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

3.0 has so far been horrible for batt life. I've re-pwned twice just to be sure, turned off Bluetooth, push, fetch, auto "anything", and I still can't go much more than half a day on a charge.

On 2.2.1 I could go most of the day with all that in and wide open.

This is actually using the phone, not having it idle 80% of the day and going "well mine goes all day yuck yuck".
    Last edited by one1; 2009-06-22 at 09:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually drained the battery in several hours of heavy use. Maybe this is their way to make us get the 3gs with the better battery LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brett k View Post
    I actually drained the battery in several hours of heavy use. Maybe this is their way to make us get the 3gs with the better battery LOL
    I wouldnt doubt that apple would actually do that

I have noticed a huge difference in battery life on the 3g with 3.0. I am now catching myself doing the turn this off, that off, as well, which I never did before. On the 3g 100% idle, everything off, not touching it, it went dead in 11 hours and some change. That baby is on its way back to apple as we speak.

I will say Im not too impressed with the 3gs' battery life either.

e

I have the same problem, at first I thought is was because I was playing around with 3.0 over the weekend, but today I had a normal day's work and am down to 35%, while when under 2.2.1 I would still have between 65 to 75% at the same time...

Weird, I left my 3G on all night playing a podcast and it didn't even go down 10%! I was shocked, I'm having much better battery life.. for now.

Thanks

Yeah mine was crap too, Need to charge twice a day. My mates was better tho, so today I restore and setup as new phone been playing for about 4 & half hours hard and I'm on about 75%. so far so good. Oh push is off, 3g & location on, brightness 35%

I just had a problem today and I never had a problem with the old firmware. Weird. I turned everything off and enabled auto-brightness and also lowered the brightness and still shitty battery. I might be making a trip to the Genius bar this week. Oh, and I forgot I had AIM on push so I will turn that off and let everyone know of there was any change.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Does the 3GS have a different battery? I heard it is plug and play now (no soldering).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Does the 3GS have a different battery? I heard it is plug and play now (no soldering).
    I havent heard anything like this about a plug and play battery. Theres a teardown of the iPhone 3GS on modmyi i believe. Havent taken a look at it though.

In regards to everyone else yeah theres been a huge change in battery life. Turn off push and fetch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine went down from fully charged to 80% just in 2 hours with a few txt msgs sent.
    I'm using 1st Gen with OS 3.0 jailbroken.