Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 3G S doesn't take full charge to 100%....

Question My 3G S doesn't take full charge to 100%....
    Hi, all.
    Finally 3G S is out.

Anyway, my problem is that it seems to have a problem with a battery.
    When I picked it up from the store, I used this until the battery drained out as I was told to do that from the ATT store. So I charged, then used until drained out. Now I am back in normal use as I plug this to USB port to sync and whatever.

Last night, when the battery was about 50%, I plugged in to the chager overnight, unplugged checked my email, and saw the battery is already at 98%! after about a minute use. then five minutes later, it is at 93%..... Actually I don't think I ever saw 100%.
    Is this normal behavior? I just switched over from iPhone 2G so I don't really know the battery issue on 3G even though I heard it drains fast, but could this be?

Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!

yea i noticed the samething on my 3gs. Seems the battery runs out faster than my old 1g. Kinda sucks since apple stated longer battery

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Turning off your "push" should help extend your battery life. But for a brand new phone, that seems a little janky that it wont fully charge. I'd give it another day or so and if its still doing it, then make an appointment at the genius bar.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

I had the same problem on my 2G when I got a new battery put into it. I fixed it by running the battery down to about 10% (I'd run it down until it shuts off) let it be for an hour or two and then give it a full charge from the wall. It usually works for me even now when the battery starts to act funny.

Well, I made sure to check this morning before unplugging from the wall charger after charging overnight....guess what.
    98% only and the battery image still indicating being charged, not like the plug symbol in the battery when charged full

It defintely has the problem IMO. What do you think?

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!

How do you turn on the % battery gauge?

EDIT: Found it under usage.
    Last edited by skyote; 2009-06-24 at 05:20 AM.