Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Since 3.0 , battery dies

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Since 3.0 , battery dies
    Hi
    Since I upgraded from 2.2.1 to 3.0
    my battery dies in couple of hours ( stand by )

Push if off
    Edge off

HELP PLEASE !

UPDATE: downgrade to firm 2.2.1 no more battery problems
    Last edited by pepebiondi; 2009-06-24 at 05:10 PM. Reason: update

not sure what it is, but I've also been having the same issue; Just listening to music for an hour or two drains the battery half way :/ 3.0 might be faulty

i too have been haveing the same problems i recently upgraded to 3.0 and it worked fine or the first week or 2 but now it seems to die fearly quickly i have 1st gen ipod touch

trust me dude i had the exact same problem. This is what i did... (and someone swears u dont have to do the first 3 steps, but i did anyway so its up to u)

1) reset all settings (Setting > General > Reset > Reset All Setting

2) Delete the 3.0 software/firmware that is in the itunes folder (the location varies from OS to OS)

3) Plug in the phone and click restore, itunes will connect to the update site download a fresh copy of the 3.0 software/firmware. Once downloaded it will begin its install

4) When the phone is done installation set it up as a new phone, dont recover from a backup. So make sure u got your contacts backed up. And then resync the apps threw itunes or redownload them threw the phone itself

I personally will swear by it. Today i was listening to music all day, with a little bit of surfing the web, using facebook app, the moron test, making some phone calls, sent some text, had push and fetch on (the entire day), and after everything was said and done i had ALMOST logged 10 hrs of usage on my phone and hitting 15%. It may not seem like the greatest, but its sure as hell better than having the phone die in a matter of hrs on stand by

mt battery life got better when i upgraded
    and i abuse my i

I've noticed the same problem (iPhone 2G on 3.0) although it's not consistent. Some days the phone is fine, WiFi and push are on all day, I listen to a few hours of music, etc. and the battery seems normal. But on other days, when I hardly use the phone, it's down to 15% of the battery by doing nothing. Admittedly, I'm using a jailbroken version of 3.0 but I've also noticed this with a coworker who's on the official one.

For me is better now. I made fresh restore, install just cydia not cly, disable push , fetch i set to manual, and reduced the Brightness. Now seems that all is ok.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ak17 View Post
    I've noticed the same problem (iPhone 2G on 3.0) although it's not consistent. Some days the phone is fine, WiFi and push are on all day, I listen to a few hours of music, etc. and the battery seems normal. But on other days, when I hardly use the phone, it's down to 15% of the battery by doing nothing. Admittedly, I'm using a jailbroken version of 3.0 but I've also noticed this with a coworker who's on the official one.
    have you activated mms? if yes, did yuo change your ipcc? i'm trying to figure out if its os3 or the mms patch that is causing my battery drain. i've had my i on standby for the last two hours after a fresh restore/jb and full charge. i still have 100% battery. yesterday before restoring/jb, the battery lost 1% everytime i touched the phone. using the internet wifi or edge would drain 1% per 5-6 seconds.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I disabled my push apps and get great battery life. When AIM was connected over night my battery would be 1/2 dead but with it off, I charge my phone till 10PM, unplug it and leave it on my night stand until 8am and its still full.

I have a jailbroken 3.0 with cydia and push email. I have noticed tho that using the phone like streaming video, playing a game, or listing to SiriusXM over 3G seems to take out the battery faster than before but its not too horrible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I have similar proble, my iphone was in v2.1, not 3.0, after I try to use the mms (wich didnt work), I had to charge it twice a day, then I tried to upgrade app's from cydia and my iphone keep resetting until now..

I will try to restore, but now after some one up here mentioned I think he problem was the mms