Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard problem with 3.0?

Default Winterboard problem with 3.0?
    quick question guys. I've been told that this was a problem since 2.2.1 but I successfully upgraded to 3.0 and jailbroke with redsn0w. Downloaded winterboard and my theme. When I run apps, the status bar up top with the time, carrier, signal strength, battery life etc... it changes back to the normal iphone color. It doesnt stick or match with the currrent theme I have enabled. Anyone having the same issue? and is there a way to resolve this?
    Last edited by Hotjoint; 2009-06-22 at 07:03 PM.

I believe thats a 3.0 compatibility issue right now.

I also had this problem. Winterboard was acting strange and not loading themes properly. Wallpapers were not loading and icons were all clear. I thought it was a problem with Winerboard so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again...still didn not work. i checked my version via Icy and it said i had the newest. however, i checked up via Saurik and I actually *didnt* have the newest version...? Cydia was not working so i restored and rejailbroke with redsn0w 0.72 but did NOT install Icy. when Icy was not there Cydia worked fine and i was able to download the real newest version of Winterboard and it worked perfectly! Keyboards still do not load but that is because the keyboards have not been updated for 3.0, yet. everything else works perfectly. Rejailbreak and do not install Icy! icy is NOT Cydia and, infact, can cause conflicts.

my winter board works for full themes but when i try to DL a SMS theme it never loads it on there.

same problem as above. i have a 3g 3.0 only Cydia and my SMS winterboard packages arent working. cant get SMS landscapes and keyboard mods but i can get the sending bar to change color.

Thanks

Status bar, SMS backgrounds, and keyboard themes don't work on 3.0.
    People have found a way to get keyboard themes to work but most haven't been updated for 3.0 yet, SMS bubbles is also possible again - just not eh backgrounds, but nobody can find the status bar ones.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

7. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

dookybear (2009-08-05)