Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using the slider to answer a incoming call? DUMB!

Default Using the slider to answer a incoming call? DUMB!
    Ok so, after being a longtime touch user I finally took the plunge and picked up a new 3GS.

If I am using my iphone, and a call comes in I have the option to answer or ignore...and can hit the button accordingly.

However, if a phone call comes in while the screen is in a locked state, it says "slide over to answer call". Well that is gay! How come I don't have a ignore button on there? What if I want to send them directly to voicemail, do I really have to let the phone ring 100 times before voicemail picks up or is there a way I can have the phone auto unlock when a phonecall comes in so its just as easy as hitting ignore or answer?

Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about here lol

You can use the sleep/wake button on the top of the iphone to silence the incoming call.

If your phone is jailbroken use iBlacklist from Cydia but if you don't want to hear the ring just keep it in silent mode on hit the volume button once up or down to stop the ringing and try pressing the power button.

Yeah, that's what I have been doing or just flip the silence switch. I just wasnt sure if there was an option to do it the other way.

I realllly like having the red and green buttons to click on

I'm in love with my iphone, but I would say that is the only annoyance (so far) that really gets me going.
    Apple did almost everything perfect with the 3GS I am shocked to see that nobody else get's annoyed that there is no ignore button on there! Even if the phone accepted a upwards swipe gester or something that would have made all the difference!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Would be cool to have an ignore button, but you do have the option to ignore now.

Clicking the power button once stops the phone from ringing and pressing it once more sends them to voicemail.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Would be cool to have an ignore button, but you do have the option to ignore now.

Clicking the power button once stops the phone from ringing and pressing it once more sends them to voicemail.
    OHHHHHH, so it's a double tap basically? I'm going to test that right now! If this works you are the man!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    OHHHHHH, so it's a double tap basically? I'm going to test that right now! If this works you are the man!
    Not sure why I'm bothering to ask, but did it work?

iPhone 3.0 User's Manual - http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

It's a great read! There are lots of tips and tricks that you won't ever know if you don't go through the manual with your phone in hand to try things out.

Didn't know this either, thanks for the post.

Thanks

^ Anytime v

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just upgraded to 3.0 on a 2g. slider works once in a while sometimes i gotta hit the standby twice to unlock. so half my calls wont slide to even pick up. any fix for dis? maybe my fone is just too old

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

BTW: Pressing either up/down volume control during an incoming call also silences the ring.