Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhones have good Wifi but can't access the internet?

Default My iPhones have good Wifi but can't access the internet?
    my 3g iphone and my 2g both show good wifi but they can't access the internet, same with my playstation 3.... I even tried resetting network settings and stuff but still nothing works, can someone please help?
    Last edited by S550Benz; 2009-06-22 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If your PS3 is also having issues with your WIFI router, Id say the problem is with your router.

Anyways, with the new 3.0, the way the iphone OS handles DNS's has changed. Before you had to insert the DNSs separated by an empty space, while now they have to be saparated by a comma (",").

Try that...

Id be happy to help but we are gunna need more information than that.

Type of router? DHCP? Cable modem? DSL? WEP?
    So many variables! I don't think we can do anything until you narrow it down more.

Do you have a PC plugged into the router? Do the wired computers work?

yea there was a big thunderstorm a couple days ago and my internet stopped working all together but finally i fixed it today and the computer internet works now but I have a 2wire modem with DSL and my 3g is jailbroken with redsnow on 3.0 and my 2g is unlocked/jailbroken 2.2 and the ps3 always gets the DNS error, man I'm so frustrated with all this stuff lol.