Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 is WACK

Default 3.0 is WACK
    So I'm a first gen Iphone user. I was running a jailbroken/unlocked 2.2.1 perfectly fine... had no issues.

But today it was rainy, so I decided to upgrade to 3.0.

Plugged the phone into the PC, upgrade to 3.0 and bam -- I was running 3.0.

Downloaded redsnow, jailbroke/unlocked the Iphone and Bam - I was jailbroken and unlocked.

Now, this is where it started to get weird.

The Iphone got SUPER hot. I've never had my Iphone ever get this hot, but the back was just uncharacteristically hot.

I didn't even have WIFI or push enabled...

The second weird thing:

I can make phone calls... but I can't receive them.

What in the hell is up with that?

I used my house phone, called my Iphone... and it paused for about 6 seconds before I heard the ringing from the house phone. Yet, my Iphone was just sitting there, ON, yet not ringing.

It went straight to my voicemail....

Other problems I've noticed:

Slow, slow, slow. The phone just seems so much slower, and with the increased heat, the battery life has sucked.

Anybody else have similar issues?

this is weird, try reverting it back to 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by kennyleeme View Post
    this is weird, try reverting it back to 2.2.1
    Yeah, that's what I think I might try...

I still have the .ipsw file, is all I need is a lower version of Itunes?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I concur. 3.0 is janky. However, all my friends who aren't jailbroken love 3.0. I haven't heard any complaints.

My biggest issue lies with safari. I'll fire it up and it makes me wait 3 to 4 seconds before I can get it to respond to my touch. Also the battery life is not as good for me either as it was on 2.2.1.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

The jailbreak so far has had some of these side effects. Have you tried restoring to 3.0 and re-jailbreaking and unlocking?

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    The jailbreak so far has had some of these side effects. Have you tried restoring to 3.0 and re-jailbreaking and unlocking?
    Yes, I actually just finished

The phone seems to function better. I can receive a phone call now, but it still feels kind of warm. (it could be that because I did leave the phone connected to the USB, as I walked away while it was being jailbroke/unlocked)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah, I have. I didn't really notice any difference in performance. But I suppose if I get bored, I could always do it again!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

It actually is running much better...

I'm quite impressed.

I also noticed a difference:

The first time I tried 3.0 with Jailbreak/unlock... When the phone was next to my PC, the monitor would get super crazy, jiggaling and stuff.

Now, it's cool.

Okay so another update..

It seems that when I install my Exchange server, which has push capabilities... My computer screen goes crazy when Push is on.

The screen just gets distorted and starts dancing all over the place. It usually does this when I get a new text, or a phone call is coming... But never when my PUSH is enabled.

Okay, so it's def. the PUSH that is killing 3.0 battery life.

I sent myself an email which pushed to my phone, and I just stayed on the mail screen. Nothing was being loaded, or pushed after the email and my % dropped from 89-85 in less than a minute while my phone got warmer.
    Last edited by Sigz; 2009-06-22 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost