Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G has no WiFi (cant catch wireless networks)

Default Iphone 3G has no WiFi (cant catch wireless networks)
    Hi All, I need your help -
    I bought my Iphone 3G yesterday and it was restored but I didnt know to which version.
    I came home and restored it to 2.2.1 with itunes (Shift+restore in DFU mode).
    Then i used QuickPwn 2.2.5 to jailbreak it.
    After jailbreaking succeeded I wanted to connect to my home WiFi (works fine on other iphone & laptop) but i couldnt find any networks availble... my WiFi option is NOT greyed out like I read in oher posts) and I have a "Network address" in my Iphone
    3G settings.
    I thought that something went wrong with this restore and it was when Devteam released "redsn0w", I restored it to 3.0 and jailbreak with "redsn0w".

* I didnt use "yellowsn0w" on 2.2.1 - just QuickPwn.
    * After restoring it to 2.2.1 on the first time my settings showed modem version 2.30 NOW after restoring it to 3.0 + jailbreak my modem version is 2.26.08 (How?!).

Anyway, I tried all possible ways from other forums nothing helped:
    - Restoring it to 2.2.1, 3.0 all over again (many time)
    - Delete all setting (network + setting) and restore.
    ANYTHING... believe me...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE? PLEASE....

i have the same problem, i restored multiple times and got it working again but now it stopped. Need help.

I had the same issue a few days ago. The defective phone came from the Genius Bar in the first place (it was replacing another defective phone that had a different issue). I took it back and they issued a new one.

Hi Megabyte48,
    i can't take it to Apple store simply because I dont have it in my country. I'm looking for a software solution to this...

Sorry, but it most likely is a hardware issue. The odds of finding a software solution are slim to none. :/

There was a website that was building up a statistics of how many users have no wifi on their iPhone and how many of those were jailbroken/unlocked and some pretty interesting numbers appeared... It showed that a great deal of people with the "No Wifi" issue had jailbroken/unlocked their phone...
    I wish I had saved the site to show you all, but I just don't know anymore.

The thing is I have a 3G which I recently restored and updated to 3.0 with hopes that this issue would be solved, but it wasn't. I've been searching all over for solutions, tried everything I could possibly think of, but got nowhere.
    My hope is, some programmers will take note of this issue and maybe think of some files that could possibly remain untouched when restores are done. Those files, if any, should be the answer to our common problem.

As soon I have any updates, I will make a post on the solution.

For now I have to use this damn edge which down here in Brazil is soooo expensive!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leandrogw For This Useful Post:

sonofabeach469 (2009-08-23)

BUMP
    Please people let`s work together to find a solution!