Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Text Message Help...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Text Message Help...
    Ok, my phone is working perfectly so far, but my texting is kind of weird.

The times displayed for recieved texts are really weird. Like, I'll send a text at lets say... 12pm. I can get a text 5 minutes later, but it'll say it came in at a totally different time like 4pm. It's annoying, and it obviously messes up the flow of how the text's appear in order.

Is there any way to fix this? My time on my phone is correct.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you're on 1.1.3? it's a common problem. fix it by going up to 1.1.4. it was a mistake on apple's part

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok, so when I update, I gotta restore, then update the firmware? I really don't want to brick my phone.

Also, do my songs, contacts and texts delete when I restore it?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yes, when you update to 1.1.4, if you want/have to jailbreak, you'll need to option/ctrl + restore in itunes to 1.1.4 then jailbreak/activate/(unlock). with all the options to jailbreak, etc out there it's almost hard to brick your phone. i recommend iplus (see hackthatphone.com for instructions)

and yes, by restoring you will lose your data on the phone, but you should sync with your comp first and that will save your contacts, calendar, songs, and pictures. just remember that once your phone is jailbroken and activated and connected to itunes again, to set it up as a new phone and do not restore your old settings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So I hold 'control' and click 'restore' or 'update'? I'm confused.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you press and hold CTRL and click RESTORE, but before you do that, make sure you have downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware. you can find that in the download section here. save it in a place you remember.

put your phone in recovery mode. itunes will detect it in recovery mode and tells you so, and now ctrl + restore in your itunes. a window will pop up for you to choose what you want to restore your phone with. choose the file you have just downlaoded

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

BK1Jammin (2008-03-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My phone won't go into recovery mode. Any help?

Nevermind. I restored and updated to 1.1.4. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm confident that it was just a small problem with 1.1.3.

Thanks!
    Last edited by BK1Jammin; 2008-03-13 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost