Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs speaker

Default 3gs speaker
    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.... Most sounds, But mainly tri tone sms received sound, Sounds almost like the speaker is Blown or something. Its kind of hard to describe, and seems to get better if the volume is lowered, but on high sounds like crap. Anyone else have this issue? I don't want to take a trip to the apple store which is no where close if they all do it...

Have you tried changing the Equaliser setting in settings-> ipod from whatever it is at the moment to either off or bass reducer?
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Eq is off, but I'm talking about system sounds, not iPod music

I know but I have never really been sure if the equalizer just does the ipod Music or if it does all sounds, worth a try. Otherwise it most likely is a faulty speaker if it is distorting like that, worth the effort to get it replaced under Warranty considering what they charge for them.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Mine is the same way. Right out of the box, I havent messed with the sound at all

......epic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Seems like they boosted the volume a little too much. I would just reduce the volume to 75% or so and you'll be fine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think they did great with the speaker, but WTF is up with speakerphone? It's still too low to hear, so it's still useless unless it's dead silent. Why?!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

They have boosted the volume cause i used to have the ringer 4 notches down from the max and now i gotta put it 6-7 notches from the max. Everything sounds crisper and cleaner with the GS.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yes. It's definitely louder when playing any kind of sound other than someone's voice on the phone.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

My sounds are a little rough too. I appreciate louder speaker, but only if it actually sounds good..

Quote Originally Posted by joe558 View Post
    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.... Most sounds, But mainly tri tone sms received sound, Sounds almost like the speaker is Blown or something. Its kind of hard to describe, and seems to get better if the volume is lowered, but on high sounds like crap. Anyone else have this issue? I don't want to take a trip to the apple store which is no where close if they all do it...

Mines exactly the same, sounds very distorted to me....also has any 1 noticed a high pitch noise coming from there phone?
    When i record video and play it back you can hear it.
    try it