Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vista/Mac not transferring photos from 3GS

Default Vista/Mac not transferring photos from 3GS
    my 3GS will sync with iTunes 8.2 fine on Vista and also charge, but cannot see the 3GS as an imaging device for photo transfer. in device manager (once the 3GS is connected to Vista), only trace of anything apple is the apple mobile device in USB controllers. it keeps installing a "digital still camera" driver everytime i connect the 3GS, but this camera driver doesn't show up in device manager.

have tried repairing itunes, diff USB ports, diff cables, & uninstalled/reinstalled apple usb device.

weird thing is, does the exact same on my Mac 10.5.7. charge, read by itunes, but iphoto etc won't see it.

prob not relevant, but my phone still says "no service", as i pac-ed my old number last Friday from Voda to O2, due for transfer tomorrow. sure this is abso nothin to do with photo transfer but thought i'd mention it anyway.

faulty phone?

sorted.

realized that a new 3GS shouldn't do the above straight out of the box, especially over 4 diff OS/machines.

when i got the 3GS, first thing i did was backup from my old 2G jailbroken/unlocked. this is what killed the photo/video transfer.

restored my 3GS and set it up as a new phone, and vista soon recognized it as an "Apple iPhone" in device manager.

phew!
    Last edited by simes6600; 2009-06-21 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost