Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia won't open on 2g or 3g

Default Cydia won't open on 2g or 3g
    So last night after many hours I finally got my 2g on 3.0 jailbroken. I open cydia and it pulls up a black scream and then goes to the home screen. I reset it multiple times and all but still won't work. Not to worry my new 3g arrives today. Get it on 3.0 go to open cydia...same thing. I downloaded seperate and correct firmwares for each. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Try jailbraking agan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benjovi View Post
    So last night after many hours I finally got my 2g on 3.0 jailbroken. I open cydia and it pulls up a black scream and then goes to the home screen. I reset it multiple times and all but still won't work. Not to worry my new 3g arrives today. Get it on 3.0 go to open cydia...same thing. I downloaded seperate and correct firmwares for each. Any idea on how I can fix this?
    I 2nd this.... it was working just fine all day yesterday and today I decided to install a Theme and now it won't start.. I did the jailbreak again... and still nothing... I'm trying to avoid having to re-install 3.0 and Jailbreak again but unless its resolved I'm going to have no choice but to start all over...

Default I'll add a 3rd to that
    Same thing seems to be happening to me with iphone 3G, I've tried 2 restores/jailbreaks with redsn0w .72. When I try to run cydia, it starts up with a black screen, I am able to see the top and bottom bars, but then it crashes. I have also tried 3 re-jailbreaks with nothing changing. Still no luck.

Ideas anybody?

For anyone with a similar problem I got it to work by going into settings>general and turning on restriction, then turned them off. After that it started fine.
    Last edited by mancho; 2009-06-26 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Unfortunately this didn't work for me Still no cydia.

Also about half of my jailbroken apps do the same thing. Some of them take on icons of nearby apps also.
    Last edited by benjovi; 2009-06-26 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well for me it was working up until today, some kind of new package or source was installed, the ipod crashed mid way and it rebooted. since then every time i open cydia it shows the background of cydia but closes before it loads. and yes i did try rejailbreaking. i have a touch 2g

I had this problem, too. I'm jailbreaking and unlocking for the first time. Try making sure to launch iTunes and allow it to recognize your iPhone, go through the "new phone" and let it think for a minute until it's done. Then try launching Cydia again. That worked for me. Once I did that it let me connect to my home network and run Cydia. Good luck!

I have had my phone jailbroken since redsn0w came out and just today cydia stopped working! Anybody know the reason for this?

Cydia simply stopped working here... Can't open it.

I installed a bunch of stuff from Cydia and it was working fine until installing Backgrounder. When I installed it, it did it's respring came back to Cydia and said there was 2 updated for Backgrounder which I did and it bricked Cydia. Oddly enough backgrounder is actually working, along with SB Settings SSH and 50 other things... blah blah. Lemme make this semi useful.

This is exactly my problem: "When I try to run cydia, it starts up with a black screen, I am able to see the top and bottom bars, but then it crashes." - mancho. I've re-jailbroke it with Redsnow, deleted files from two different directories using WinSCP (according to threads I've found), changed permissions to Cydia.app to 6777, 7777, 0755, Fixed directory permissions in SB Settings and Boss Prefs, cleared all memory using Task Killer and Free Memory and opened Cydia (one thread suggested low memory), and prolly a couple other things... Cydia is just broke and I ain't installing 3.0 again.

You can try some of the things that failed for me, good luck. One promissing solution is uninstalling and reinstalling Cydia from Terminal in WinSCP... I get errors in 100 files doing the first command 'su' and haven't been able to figure that out as the tutorials are using 2.2.1.

In writing this I thought of another possible solution. Delete Cydia through Icy, then re-jailbreak it again installing Cydia. Anyways, It's not just you guys, these threads are everywhere since 3.0 has come out. Please post your solution if you get through this.

Thanks
    - Wanzi

Thank you modmyi.com for intriguing me to post. Writing my previous post got me thinking of a solution and it worked! This is an original fix, I haven't seen it anywhere in the 100+ pages dealing with this crap.

Go into Icy and uninstall both Cydia Sources (or try one at a time). You'll get a blank white icon on springboard for Cydia. RedSnow that piece again which reinstalls Cydia. Open Cydia, get the complete update and bang, you're in business! SB Settings and other apps remain unchanged. GG

- Wanzi
    Last edited by irwanzi; 2009-06-28 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i got different solution. ssh your iphone and delete sources from cydia. u can find them

At /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    Delete everything, except saurik.list

then add new sources someone bug your cydia.
    works for me

ssh your iphone and delete sources from cydia. u can find them

At /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    Delete everything, except saurik.list

then add new sources someone bug your cydia.
    works for me
    Last edited by wujek21; 2009-06-28 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cydia works fine for me.
    But then I don't use Icy or install 'dodgy' sources.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i can live without cydia because icy works fine. what i cant live with is the jailbreak apps pulling this same cydia crashing garbage. it happens with most jailbroken apps. i have plenty of free time so i can try most anything. this is on my 3g. please help me. this is unbelievably frustrating.

I had the same problem with Cydia. After doing some research the issue seem to be having both Cydia and Icy installed together.
    The solution is to restore the iphone again and jailbreak without Icy.
    I tried that and everything worked fine.

Cheers,
    J

Same problem. Out of nowhere, after everything working perfectly since my 3.0 jailbreak (no icy installed), Cydia won't start. Just tried deleting the sources, but no luck. I'll keep trying stuff.

Same here. Out of no where Cydia stoppped working. 3G+jailbreak. Worked fine after jailbreak for a while. it starts to load data and quits.

Quote Originally Posted by chox99 View Post
    Same here. Out of no where Cydia stoppped working. 3G+jailbreak. Worked fine after jailbreak for a while. it starts to load data and quits.
    Farther than me. Mine makes it one second in. No data loading.

Cydia stopped working here too. Can't figure out why.

I had the same problem also with cydia crashing. I just rejailbroke my 3g with redsnow .72 and cydia is working now!!! So try that first!
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

Hey guys, I was having this same problem on my Ipod Touch 2G with 3.0. Check out this guy's mini tutorial on how to resolve the problem, worked great for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHJSI43apL0]YouTube - Fix Cydia Crashing on 3.0 Firmware for iPhone & iPod Touch[/ame]

Cheers, hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast