Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia won't open on 2g or 3g

Default No Dice...
    Re: Azakiel

While this may have worked for other people, Cydia is still crashing for me.

I'm on an 3G with the 3.0 firmware, and I've already tried re-jailbreaking with redsn0w, as well as hard-restarting and using the ClearCydiaList program.

Unhappy face
    Last edited by CthulhuCalamari; 2009-07-28 at 12:30 PM.

Default Cydia Stopped Working? Easy Fix...
    Hello all -

This happened to several of us here at the office after installing an older (circa 2008) theme through Cydia into our 3.1.2 3G phones. Cydia crapped out. The reason is the SSL libraries became corrupted. Even trying to reinstall Cydia with Blackra1n would not work.

So, from the Blackra1n installer menu, simply install Rock. Once Rock is installed, Rock will detect your Cydia installation. From the Manage menu, tell Rock to UNINSTALL your Cydia. IT WILL FAIL. This is normal. Now, refresh.

After the refresh, Rock will tell you that your Cydia needs to be UPDATED. Choose YES to UPDATE - and once the various files are downloaded and refreshed, you can once again reboot your device and then Cydia will work. However, the first time Cydia launches after this fix, it will inform you exactly WHICH package you installed caused the problem to begin with and will offer to remove that package. DO SO. Once complete, your device will be stable again. It is always a good idea to have BOTH Cydia AND Rock installed on the same device, since they support each other in the event of such a corruption.

I hope this helps. Have a great day everyone!

- GeniusMike

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GeniusMike For This Useful Post:

NastyNinja (2009-12-21)

Thanks for the last post it inspired me to install Rock and after it was all done it told me one of the theme was corrupt, after I was able to uninstall the theme and reboot my phone and Cydia opened up fine

Thank You

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have been able to use cydia no problem and yesterday it just crashes now. Did anyone ever fix this problem or find out why?
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

hi, my Cydia crashed after i had installed iMobilecinema, Annoying Ringtones and some doorbell replacement for SMS..
    anyway, every time I start Cydia it flashes and went back into my homepage..
    so I opened Rock.. went to Managed and uninstalled my most recent 3 apps..
    and the I Reboot using SBSettings..
    and ta..ta.. Cydia is fine now..
    hope that helps.. :-)

I thought everyone had stopped using Rock since it corrupts phones?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Reboot
    I was having the problem. I played around with it and figurewd out that all you have to is reboot your device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12