Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs is just a cover up

Default 3gs is just a cover up
    I have heard a rumor from my friends dad who works for at&t said that the 4g was suppose to release at wwdc but at&t did not pass the qualification to run a 4g network so they quickly made the 3gs to cover up there failure so a 4g still might be in the works just waiting for At&t to get the approval.

Wouldnt be surprised...considering Apple has been/is waiting on AT&T to "catch up" to allow them release most all the others features (like MMS, tethering, turn-by-turn, etc) anyways.

Thats what i was think and very logical I just wish they would of held off instead of releasing the 3gs

Thanks

Got my 3gS today, may I say........not impressed quit pissed I spent 400 on another 3g. It's fast, but all the iPhones I've had have been fast for the first week then it's lag here, lag there. I think your right on the 4g, I bet we can expect it in about 6 to 9 months.

God i hope so lol

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

They probably already have the next 4 or 5 iphones in the works. I would love some LTE, but 3G works just fine. Most people are still waiting for 3G networks so I count myself fortunate.

yeah at&t does need to catch up to some of the networks quick i really surprised apple didnt move on.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Move on to what? Lesser networks? Networks that can't support the iPhone worldwide? Apple is where they need to be as far as carriers go.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think I will just keep my 3G then.

Lol. Either way Apple is tied to AT&T for 5 years under contract, so there will be no moving on

Lol way to burst my hopes and dreams

@stlcaddie: does the camera still take 5-10 seconds to load?
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

There are pros and cons to any carrier out there. IMO the pros of using AT&T benefit more than not.

Unfortunately we will never see the "perfect" iphone as we will never see the "perfect" carrier

lets see what happens in canada
    but this is interesting

i say look out just b4 christmas

Att isnt coming out with 4g network till 2010 so if it comes out at christmas i would be greatly surpraised

Wow that sounds pretty interesting and not too far fetched. I think the 3GS was over hyped in the sense being that its faster but that's all it really offers. I think other features on the 3GS can be done through hacks on 3G phones.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Who cares about 4G? 5G is where its at
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-07-18 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks

The bezel shots, the new screen with the higher speaker, the ichat camera.

The 4G is obviously under heavy development prior to the 3GS launch and your probably right.

Leaving it till next year will leave all the massive OS developments to first be unveiled as the new tablet's differentiating features when compared with the 3GS, and the bam the 4G iPhone comes out with allthe updated features aswell next July.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

OMG, Are we ready for 4G iPhone rumors already? Time to fire up the rumor mill!

I hear the new iPhone will have an iChat camera in the front, and will have a glowing apple logo on the back. They will also have an iPhone Pro edition that will have 512 mb of ram and a 1 ghz processor.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ this rumor has been going around since the release of the 3G[s].
    And all of the new features that may come ^ it may make a person switch from T-Mo to the hated/expensive AT&T......just sayin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast