Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs battery issue

Default Iphone 3gs battery issue
    I brought my iphone 3gs yesterday (june 19th) and i'm having problems charging it, whenever I use the USB Power Adapter it NEVER reaches "100% charged" on my iphone! It may go up to 98%.... 99%.. thats it.

But when I charge with my USB Cable + PC it'll go to 100% ! but then if i plug it back to the USB Power Adapter i got the "charging icon" but my battery drops slowly from 100%..99%.. 98%.. even if its plugged & charging!

what should I do?

yes I tried restoring the phone

Take it back to Apple. Its all you can do.

I have the same problem with a water damaged 3gs 32gb I changed the battery and its still doing it. This one wont go over 35%. What you want to try to do is let the battery drain completey. Let it charge back see if that works if not, charge it for like 10 minutes, shut it down once the phone shuts down hold down the home button and then plug in the charger it should start up without pressing the power button. before I did that I wasnt even getting 15% on the battery now its going to 35%.Hope it helps

*UPDATE*

i'm on my 3rd iphone 3gs.. it still does the same problem! The indicator always jump, it goes from 100% when plugged in and charging, then when i unplug it goes down in a snap to 98%-99%.... f'n annoying

My 3gs stays at 100% for about 10-20 minutes as long as I don't use the phone or mess with anything. If I touch the home button, the battery almost immediately goes down to 99 or 98%.

Thanks

People say that it takes a little while for the battery indicator to be correct.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

maybe its the charger?

wouldn't that suck... 3 replacements when it was the charger all along

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    maybe its the charger?

wouldn't that suck... 3 replacements when it was the charger all along
    lol.. i tried my 2 differents charger and the one in my car also. I've heard also other people on other forums having the same issue

This has been an issue all the way back to the first iPhone. Try letting the battery run down to 10 percent or lower, then let it charge all the way back up.

If that doesn't work, try letting the battery run until the phone won't turn on anymore, then power it all the way back up.

Your battery will be at 100 percent, even if it's only indicating it's at 98/99.

Quote Originally Posted by Piazza331 View Post
    This has been an issue all the way back to the first iPhone. Try letting the battery run down to 10 percent or lower, then let it charge all the way back up.

If that doesn't work, try letting the battery run until the phone won't turn on anymore, then power it all the way back up.

Your battery will be at 100 percent, even if it's only indicating it's at 98/99.
    Yes i've tried that, nothing changed :/

The only solution i've found is to go in BossPrefs and "Respring" once the phone is fully charged and only shows 98% or 99% it will set it back to 100% as it should be.

So the fact that the battery meter takes time to calibrate itself doesn't seem to matter to you? If it doesn't show 100% from day 1 it must be wrong?

IMHO there is nothing wrong, give it time to calibrate itself and it will be fine.

Or you could take your phone back abnd exchange it for another one with exactly the same 'problem'.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.