Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selling 3G : What Should I Do?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Selling 3G : What Should I Do?
    I've got my 3GS set up, and I'm wondering what I should do to prep my 3G for the new owner.

I plan on restoring to a jailbroken version of 3.0. I removed the SIM card before applying the restore (which is in the middle of the process as I type this), in hopes the phone wouldn't recognize my old number.

Quick back story: bought the 3GS at an Apple store, and they said the 3GS needs the new SIM card. New gets activated, old gets deactivated, employee didn't tell me. I was in my car on my home on I-495 out of DC during Friday rush hour trying to call my friend to see where he was so I could pick him up, and I'm double-fisting my phones to get his phone number from old to new. Voice dialing helped, though. Pain in the arse.

Anyways, what do I need to do so my 3G has no traces of me? I want this phone to act brand-freakin'-new for whoever ends up buying my phone.

i know for sure there is a program that can wipe all your files permanently in the phone that even a restore cant do. but i forgot the name of the program. anyone know?

iPhone? More like MyPhone derrickb16's Avatar
    Thanks

dude, restoring it is enough it will be fine you must work for the CIA..lol but just click the restore button
    IF I'VE HELPED YOU BE SURE YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Remove SIM and restore, that's it?

And of course wait for ultrasnow. You (we) will get more for our 3G's.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm selling my 3G...