Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Catagories lost my apps after upgrade

Default Help! Catagories lost my apps after upgrade
    Hi Everyone,

I was on 2.2.1 on a 3g. After I upgraded to 3.0. as expected, it wiped out my cydia apps, including "categories" However, apps are now missing! I then bought the new 3GS phone and synced it with my mac, and the apps are still missing. I tried disabling the app using iTunes, then syncing and re-enabling the app. No luck.

My old iphone has already been given to my wife, and set up with her info. I do however, have an old first gen iphone I could use if helpful in the process. I thought, perhaps I could restor to that phone, jailbrake it, load categories and remove the apps from their folders, then sync, then restore to my new 3Gs. But I can't seem to restore to the first gen phone. It has been upgraded to 3.0.

I'm stuck... I read someplace that I could delete com.apple.springboard.plist. but I can't access it.

Anyone have help or advice? thanks!
    Ethan-

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Hey, welcome to MMi

go into settings/general/restrictions, enable and then disable, should work

This also happened to me with the 3.0 to 3.1 update... only problem is my settings button is missing also... any help would be greatful as i have been trying to figure this out all day...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Is Cydia working? Install SBSettings and you may be able to unhide the icons. Otherwise you may have to restore and make sure you set up as a new phone not from a back up.