Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push Emails doesn't arrive on time

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Push Emails doesn't arrive on time
    Hi guys, I still have the iPhone 1st Generation with firmware 3.0

For the past few days I've been experiencing my yahoo mail getting to me late, sometimes more than an hour late! with the previous firmware yahoo mail comes just a few second after it's being sent to me! But for the past few days my emails aren't coming on time ... it only come when I open the mail app and it auto check at that moment..but the emails are being push to my phone on a timely manner..i've even set emails to fetch every 15 minutes but they still come late . Have any of you experience the same situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Linh978 View Post
    Hi guys, I still have the iPhone 1st Generation with firmware 3.0

For the past few days I've been experiencing my yahoo mail getting to me late, sometimes more than an hour late! with the previous firmware yahoo mail comes just a few second after it's being sent to me! But for the past few days my emails aren't coming on time ... it only come when I open the mail app and it auto check at that moment..but the emails are being push to my phone on a timely manner..i've even set emails to fetch every 15 minutes but they still come late . Have any of you experience the same situation?

Shocking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was not getting push on my trial MobileMe account, which should push any emails it recieves. I googled & read a poster's comment on some site that he only had the issue when connected to his home Wi-FI (possibly wi-fi together? /shrug), I disabled Wi-Fi, sent myself a test email & instantly had it pushed to the phone.

So far my MobileMe and work Exchange emails have been instantly received on my 3GS.

Not sure what your issue is and I am not trying to be a ****** but I think its time for an upgrade!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Push was always iffy for me. Sometimes I'd get notified of new emails on my phone before I'd get the Yahoo notification on my computer and sometimes I'd have to refresh in mail minutes after I got the notification on my computer to get it on my phone.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Yahoo is GARBAGE. P E R I O D. Its a joke, lets move on.

Thanks

^Yes. Let's all use gmail and get our email every 15 minutes!

.... Or Yahoo and not at all.

Now that 3.0 is out I seriously hope gmail developes something with push

Thanks

Or you could fetch Yahoo mail just like GMail and it's the same thing. At least you have the option to push with Yahoo.

And honestly, it's pretty rare that I don't get an email right after it's sent to my inbox. One or two times a week...three tops (and I get a lot of messages from Beejive). I'd much rather have that than have my mail fetched every 15 minutes and get everything late all the time.