Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Wallpaper not staying up

iPhone? More like MyPhone JP101's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3.0 Wallpaper not staying up
    Anytime I set the wallpaper, when I go back to the home screen, it just comes up black. Any help, Please?

in winterboard have you got the check mark next to user wallpaper?
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks

I don't want it on my "Wallpaper" while my screen is unlocked. I want the picture to be up only while my lock screen is up.

I am also facing this problem...

Help anyone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Please don't take my upcoming question as an insult or as if I think you're stupid or anything like that. It's just that I've done some absent minded things myself at times and then later looked back and said to myself "well DUH". Anyway, are you taking your iPhones out of the dock or disconnecting it from the USB cable after you assign a wallpaper picture? Obviously you're not going to see a wallpaper picture while it's still connected. Just a thought. Don't hate me. LOL

Thanks

No. I've assigned wallpaper in the past. I've never had a problem with it. But since upgrading, I can't set it anymore. The lock screen is just black now. Occasionally, for a half of a second, it will flash what I assigned, but then go straight to black again. Although, I must say, it does work whenever I'm in a call.

Thanks

I am assuming that you're jailbroken? I'm not right now on my new 3Gs. But the reason I ask is because when I was jailbroken on my 2G, some time back I recall experiencing the very same problem you are describing now. I'm trying to remember what the solution to that was. Let me think on that for a bit and see if I can remember what that was.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 2009-06-21 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks

Yeah, i'm Jailbroken, and I am on a 16gb 2g iPhone.

i had the same problem as described and how i cured it was simply by going to settings>general>reset>reset all settings. this wont lose your jailbreak, these steps actually brought back my camera icon in my text app... has anyone downloaded a keyboard from cydia? and has it actually showed up once you have checked it "on" through winterboard? i cant change my keyboard or my background for texting, help me please

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glassJAw For This Useful Post:

Argon27 (2009-07-09), spongebobiwan (2009-06-21)

Thanks

glassJAw...I just tried the settings reset, and it worked!

I also downloaded a keyboard though Cydia, and no, it's not coming up. My guess is there are going to be a lot of updates for support with 3.0 in the next few days, and they will all be ported over.

Thanks

Yeah glassJaw..that was how I got my wallpaper back before, several months ago when I was having that same problem...thanks for jarring my memory too. gesshh, senility sucks..lol

Thanks

Problem is, I have to now restore from a backup to get my apps and everything in the order they were before...and I have a feeling I am going to be in the same boat as I was before.

yeah no problem, im glad im not the only one (JP101) that is having problems via text with the keyboard/background. you saved my phones life i was really close to throwing it out the window....it would have been my 4th iPhone that i destroyed.

I located the culprit to my problem. It's the Status Notifier widgets that is causing the wallpapers not to show. Inactivate your widgets via Winterboard if you have any. Hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    I located the culprit to my problem. It's the Status Notifier widgets that is causing the wallpapers not to show. Inactivate your widgets via Winterboard if you have any. Hope this helps
    What is a Status Notifier Widget?

Thumbs up Wallpaper not showing up
    Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    i had the same problem as described and how i cured it was simply by going to settings>general>reset>reset all settings. this wont lose your jailbreak, these steps actually brought back my camera icon in my text app... has anyone downloaded a keyboard from cydia? and has it actually showed up once you have checked it "on" through winterboard? i cant change my keyboard or my background for texting, help me please
    I had the same problem, I read your post and was going to install SpringBack app from Cydia (Tys iPhone Help.com SpringBack - Backup and Restore your iPhone Homescreen layout) so I could save and restore my homescreen icon layout after the resetting, but when I started Cydia I got these 2 updates, one for the mobilesubstrate and the other one for winterboard; I upgraded both and respringed! Voila! Wallpaper shows up and everything was back to normal.
    I guess every bug will be solved slowly with the upcoming days upgrading constantly in Cydia.

i have a different problem regarding vWallpaper. when i try to open it up, it just crashes and brings me back to the home screen. but when someone calls me up, the video ringtones work. i don't want to use it's wallpaper video but just the video ringtone. anyone help??

If you have a different problem, make a different post. No one will find it here.

man this thread needs some febreze.

is it me or that, when you go to fw 3.0, wallpaper no longer shrinks as much you'd like it, i've got a wallerpaper of a bikini chick (booyeah) but i can't shink it so it fits well under the clock label

it enlarges but i can't shrink it (does it automatically shrink to its smallest size and thats it?