Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Backups

Default iTunes Backups
    Is it safe to restore an iTunes backup onto a jailbroken/unlocked device?

Back in the 1.1.4 days, when I had my jailbroken iPod touch, I restored a backup from iTunes. Then my ipod starting acting very strange, crashing all the time and being quite sluggish. I then saw posts where people said the cause was because of the backup onto a jailbroken device, they said never to restore backups. So I've believed this until recently when I've seen posts of people doing restores with backups. I did it today with 3.0 and my iPhone started acting very strangely. Springboard kept crashing, constant freezing, etc.

What's the final verdict?

And P.S., my battery life is EXTREMELY worse now on 3.0. With making zero calls and maybe 20 texts, my phone completely died within FOUR HOURS! This is crazy!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Been quite a few people complaining about battery useage, Sure they will work out the bugs.
    As far as restoring from back up, most problems were with having hidden apps and apps in categories

Hmmmm it affects everything. Cydia had various bugs, irealsms had bugs, and even the phone app. I restored and rejailbroke and didn't use a backup and now it's working fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

it's weird, some people have a ton of problems and others seem to work fine, I'm not pointing any fingers but I am waiting for quickpwn.