Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Received my iPhone 3GS from Apple Store Online and... Maybe OS 3.0 Possible Bug???

  1. #1
    Exclamation Received my iPhone 3GS from Apple Store Online and... Maybe OS 3.0 Possible Bug???
    I received my iPhone3GS today from the Apple Store Online and have everything running all well. At first I had problems syncing all my applications kept giving me errors the dummy I am I forgot to authorize my computer again and thats why it was doing that so I deleted all apps on iTunes and did the erase all content on iPhone3GS and damn let me tell you that shi****** flew no joke matter of 2 minutes it was done my iPhone 3G took over 30 minutes. I set up my iPhone 3GS as new phone and then just decided to download all apps manually again. After downloading all necessary apps and all and btw I tried loading carrier settings I had AT&T 5.0 and it successfully went through on iTunes 8.2 Beta so I'm up and running with tethering and I now have the MMS features as well as cellular data network. I cleaned up my iPhone I gave it a restart or hard reset by using the power and home button and when I did that and my phone booted up some of my applications where missing their icons and some were mixed up wording like icon for shazamm it said Speed Test weird...What is this is it my phone defective :'( or its just a bug these stupid morons at apple didn't correct with iPhone3GS...All your help would be appreciated and if you guys can't seem to find the Carrier settings 5.0 and need it just let me know and I'll be more than happy to shot it over to you

    Thanks for all your help,
    Joseph

  2. #2
    I had did a hard reset on my 3gs after safari crashed and the same thing happened to me. I'm glad I'm not alone. This new phone has been acting weird all day. Real real fast, but weird. I wonder if it's the phone or 3.0. 3.0 was working fine on my 2g.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by zivlan View Post
    I had did a hard reset on my 3gs after safari crashed and the same thing happened to me. I'm glad I'm not alone. This new phone has been acting weird all day. Real real fast, but weird. I wonder if it's the phone or 3.0. 3.0 was working fine on my 2g.
    So I know im not the only one that is having this problem and I highly doubt it is a device issue (defective) I just noticed at the main site modmyi.com the iPhone 3GS has different ipcc file to use to restore etc....You can't use the iPhone 3G 3.0 (7A341) so it most definitely is a firmware issue these apple morons got to fix. So far so good phone really hasn't crashed but I just decided to give it a hard reset because I cleaned up all my cookies of safari and all but if you go to reset (Network Settings) this doesn't happen....How is your iPhone3GS running did you come across any other additional bugs. Have you set up your carrier settings for internet tethering?

    So I know im not the only one that is having this problem and I highly doubt it is a device issue (defective) I just noticed at the main site modmyi.com the iPhone 3GS has different ipcc file to use to restore etc....You can't use the iPhone 3G 3.0 (7A341) so it most definitely is a firmware issue these apple morons got to fix. So far so good phone really hasn't crashed but I just decided to give it a hard reset because I cleaned up all my cookies of safari and all but if you go to reset (Network Settings) this doesn't happen....How is your iPhone3GS running did you come across any other additional bugs. Have you set up your carrier settings for internet tethering?
    Last edited by nycfin3st90; 2009-06-20 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    Overall the phone is working pretty good with a few little buggy instances here and there. We do have to remember it is still a computer and far from being perfect.

    I used to jailbreak my 2g but eventually got tired of the endless keeping up with firmware versions etc and always felt that a jailbroken phone with winterboard and all made the phone slower so I stopped jailbreaking alltogether.

    When I got the new phone, I started from scratch to assure nothing weird bled over from my 2g restore files. I activated this one as a brand new phone.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by zivlan View Post
    Overall the phone is working pretty good with a few little buggy instances here and there. We do have to remember it is still a computer and far from being perfect.

    I used to jailbreak my 2g but eventually got tired of the endless keeping up with firmware versions etc and always felt that a jailbroken phone with winterboard and all made the phone slower so I stopped jailbreaking alltogether.

    When I got the new phone, I started from scratch to assure nothing weird bled over from my 2g restore files. I activated this one as a brand new phone.
    Yup, I dont even bother jailbreaking either ill just be stock use my company business card to make my purchases on app store lmfaoo...So what do you think you like the 3GS....Have you enabled internet tethering damnn that thing flys even faster that iPhone 3G tethering

  6. #6
    I had high expectations for the speed of this phone. With that said, I'm absolutley amazed how fast it is.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zivlan View Post
    I had high expectations for the speed of this phone. With that said, I'm absolutley amazed how fast it is.
    Yup...They fcked up they should have put a flash for camera would have been 1000000000000000% better lol the camera is great but same thing like the 3G in the dark it sucks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •