Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need a quick quick answer.

Default Need a quick quick answer.
    I restored my iPhone 3GS from my last jail broken 3G backup, I took all cydia packages out before I made the back up - well the backup got done and all of the blank web pages are there from when I installed iNav onto my phone. Is this a problem or no? Should I A) Just delete all of the blank web clips, put all of my applications back onto my phone and not worry about anything else that could secretly mess anything up/cause battery drainage/etc from w/e could of possibly been in that jailbroken backup; or B) restore phone and just start fresh without restoring my last backup therefore losing some stuff?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

I would remove them unless your going to do the same set up. You could just go into settings/general and reset.
    This all so new to us all, hard to say, just an opinion.
    Good luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElGriton's Avatar
    Come the Apocalypse I shall be Omnipresent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I would remove them unless your going to do the same set up. You could just go into settings/general and reset.
    This all so new to us all, hard to say, just an opinion.
    Good luck
    What she said.
    If you're requesting icons PLEASE include the original and the correct spelling. It makes our job 10X easier. Thank you.
    If you we've helped you hit the thanks button. it makes us giggle.

I was just wondering if it was possible for anything that was in that last jailbroken backup could be brought into the restore on the new phone and be running in the background or something like that.

Will resetting all settings delete all of my texts?
    Also, what about 'erase all content and settings'? This sounds like texts would get deleted.
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 2009-06-20 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost